Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    liljohnny50 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 01:23 PM
    The Most Meaningful Movies in Cinema History
    I wanted some Opinions on what people think are great movies. See this Christmas I plan on Giving my cousin a Collection of Heartfilt movies and I need some Opinions on what are great movies and what are not. She is 14 by the way. I want these movies to teach her lifelessons really. Tell me what you think.

So far I've got this List so please tell them what you think of the list and the Movies in it.

1)One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest
    2)Schindlers List
    3)Rocky
    4)Rudy
    5)Scent of a Woman
    6)The Shining
    7)The Green Mile
    8)Philadephia
    9)The Pursuit of Happyness
    10)The Shawshank Redemption
    johndoe99 Posts: 167, Reputation: 21

Feb 16, 2009, 01:31 PM
    A great selection of movies there, but The Shining is classed is 18's rated, have you also considered "It's A Wonderful Life" starring James Stewart.
    hellayeah Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Feb 17, 2009, 07:03 AM

Lorenzo's oil or tears of the sun is really good I saw it when I was 13 and even though it's not based on a true story it's still very moving.
    Jentau Posts: 57, Reputation: 8

Feb 17, 2009, 07:32 AM

The Lord of the Rings movies

She's probably seen them but they're awesome and need to be on your Most Meaningful Movies in Cinema History list :)
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2009, 07:42 AM

I would add the movie Glory to the list. It really shows how much people are willing to give up for freedom.
    Ber Rabbit Posts: 134, Reputation: 23

Feb 17, 2009, 07:50 AM

Off the top of my head I would add "The Bucket List"
    Ber

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Meaningful [ 1 Answers ]

I have court tomorrow because I miss my appointment with the probation officer but I call and he never answer and when he answer he told me that he didn't have my case. That he send letter to my apartment and I never got them telling me that he change my probation officer. The warrant officer look...

Connecting sky HD to home cinema [ 2 Answers ]

Hello first time on here I have just had sky HD and connected my home cinema system to the sky box via a scart ,as I only have 1 scart socket on home ciema system . The problem is I can only get sound but no picture , the sky box is connected with an hd lead directly to the TV

Meaningful sayings [ 42 Answers ]

hey this isn't the most importand subject but w.e I already got a tattoo about a month ago and its cute and meaningful so I don't regret it I've been looking up quotes because I want to get something on my side, but I want a meaningful quote. something short so if anyone knows any...

Movies, great movies cause I'm bored [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone knows a movie similar to the devil wears prada?

Meaningful Defense Against OCS 811.315 [ 3 Answers ]

I have a friend who was was driving me to my mothers in eastern Oregon when we were pulled over by and Oregon State Trooper. We were driving the posted speed limit of 65mph in extremely light traffic. The officer cited my friend for "Slow drive failing to move right." The trooper said that we...

View more questions Search