Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 16, 2009, 10:13 AM
    Bedroom radiator problem
    (MOVED FROM PLUMBING)
    The radiator in the spare bedroom only heats up at the bottom and not the top, tried bleeding it and no water came out after aout 20 minutes, so put the screw back in, not sure if its connected? I was told there may be air in the system, What's the solution? Thank you, Stacey
    tommc19 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 10:28 AM
    You should make sure pressure on boiler is between 1 and to bar or it could be sluge in system
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 16, 2009, 11:10 AM
    The boiler water pressure is probably to low. On a normal system it will read aprox 12 PSI on the altitude/pressure gauge. Most units have a auto fill valve but yours may not. Do not overfill if manual and you will have to feed more water in as you bleed if a manual setup.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oil in radiator [ 6 Answers ]

I was coming back from doctors office when my 1998 Jeep Cherokee cut off on me. I had it towed back to the house when my husband discovered what looked to be oil in the radiator. I had no problems with the jeep until the point in time. So I'm being told the head is bad. Any suggestions would...

Hub or radiator cap [ 1 Answers ]

Is this a hub cap or a radiator cap and what year is there a place to sell them

Radiator fan [ 3 Answers ]

What causes the radiator fans in a 1995 altima not to work

Oil in radiator [ 28 Answers ]

My wife's car (98 Buick Century) was just diagnosed with oil leaking into the radiator. We took it into a place because the heater stopped working. Can anyone give me an idea of what the repair would need to be and the approximate cost?

Dodge Radiator Problem [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan minivan that is now on its 5th radiator and about to get a 6th. Anyone know what's with these junkers? Made of cardboard? Anyone else having this problem? THANKS.

View more questions Search