Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    senoraviento Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 09:42 AM
    Consequences for a 3rd DUI
    I just got my 3rd DUI and want to know what my possible consequences are going to be. The first one was in Riverside county, CA and the second was in Los Angeles County, CA. Both of my priors have been expunged/dismissed. My most recent was received in San Diego and the police offficers did not give me any field sobriety tests before they took me in.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2009, 09:46 AM

You already know: The consequence may be that you lose the privilege of a driver license.

I urge you to get professional help with your problem before you hurt or kill someone.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2009, 10:09 AM

Obviously letting you walk the first two times didn't work, your past arrests ARE visible to the Court so I would imagine jail time, loss of license.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2009, 10:14 AM

Hola senora:

California Vehicle Code §23546; Conviction of Third Violation of §23152; Punishment:

If any person is convicted of a violation of Section 23152 in San Diego and the DUI offense occurred within ten years of two separate violations of Section 23103, as specified in Section 23103.5, 23152, or 23153, or any combination thereof, which resulted in drunk driving convictions, that person shall be punished by imprisonment in the San Diego County jail for not less than 120 days nor more than one year and by a fine of not less than three hundred ninety dollars ($390) nor more than one thousand dollars ($1,000). The person's privilege to operate a motor vehicle shall be revoked by the Department of Motor Vehicles as required in paragraph (5) of subdivision (a) of Section 13352. The San Diego court shall require the person to surrender his or her driver's license to the court in accordance with Section 13550.

Any person convicted of a violation of Section 23152 punishable under this section shall be designated as a habitual traffic offender for a period of three years, subsequent to the San Diego DUI conviction. The person shall be advised of this designation pursuant to subdivision (b) of Section 13350.

California Vehicle Code §23548; Conditions of Probation for Third Time San Diego DUI Offense:

If the San Diego court grants probation to any person punished under Section 23546, in addition to the provisions of Section 23600 and any other terms and conditions imposed by the court, the San Diego court shall impose as conditions of probation that the person be confined in the San Diego County jail for at least 120 days but not more than one year and pay a fine of at least three hundred ninety dollars ($390) but not more than one thousand dollars ($1,000). The person's privilege to operate a motor vehicle shall be revoked by the Department of Motor Vehicles pursuant to paragraph (5) of subdivision (a) of Section 13352.

The San Diego court shall require the person to surrender the driver's license to the court in accordance with Section 13550.

In addition to subdivision (a), if the court grants probation to any person punished under Section 23546, the court may order as a condition of probation that the person participate, for at least 30 months subsequent to the underlying conviction and in a manner satisfactory to the court, in a San Diego driving-under-the-influence program licensed pursuant to Section 11836 of the Health and Safety Code.

In lieu of the minimum term of imprisonment specified in subdivision (a), the San Diego court shall impose as a condition of probation under this subdivision that the person be confined in the San Diego County jail for at least 30 days but not more than one year. The court shall not order the treatment prescribed by this subdivision unless the person makes a specific request and shows good cause for the order, whether the person has previously completed an alcohol dependency treatment program pursuant to paragraph (4) of subdivision (b) of Section 23542 or paragraph (4) of subdivision (b) of Section 23562.

A person ordered to substance abuse treatment pursuant to this subdivision shall apply to the San Diego Court or to a board of review, as designated by the court, at the conclusion of the San Diego DUI program to obtain the court's order of satisfaction. Only upon the granting of that order of satisfaction by the court may the program issue its certificate of successful completion of the San Diego DUI program and report the completion to the Department of Motor Vehicles.

A failure to obtain an order of satisfaction at the conclusion of the San Diego driving-under-the-influence program is a violation of probation. In order to enable all required persons to participate, each person shall pay the program costs commensurate with the person's ability to pay as determined pursuant to Section 11837.4 of the Health and Safety Code. No condition of probation required pursuant to this subdivision is a basis for reducing any other probation requirement in this section or Section 23600 or for avoiding the mandatory license revocation provisions of paragraph (5) of subdivision (a) of Section 13352.

In addition to the provisions of Section 23600 and subdivision (a), if the San Diego Court grants probation to any person punished under Section 23546 who has not previously completed a San Diego DUI treatment program pursuant to paragraph (4) of subdivision (b) of Section 23542 or paragraph (4) of subdivision (b) of Section 23562, and unless the person is ordered to participate in and complete a San Diego driving-under-the-influence program under subdivision (b), the court shall impose as a condition of probation that the person, subsequent to the date of the current San Diego drunk driving violation, enroll and participate, for at least 18 months and in a manner satisfactory to the court, in a San Diego driving-under-the-influence program licensed pursuant to Section 11836 of the Health and Safety Code, as designated by the San Diego court.

The person shall complete the entire drunk driving program subsequent to, and shall not be given any credit for San Diego DUI program activities completed prior to, the date of the current violation. Any person who has previously completed a 12-month or 18-month San Diego DUI program licensed pursuant to Section 11836 of the Health and Safety Code shall not be eligible for referral pursuant to this subdivision unless a 30-month licensed San Diego driving-under-the-influence program is not available for referral in the county of the person's residence or employment.

The drunk driver program shall provide for persons who cannot afford the program fee pursuant to paragraph (2) of subdivision (b) of Section 11837.4 of the Health and Safety Code in order to enable those persons to participate. No condition of probation required pursuant to this subdivision is a basis for reducing any other probation requirement in this section or Section 23600 or for avoiding the mandatory license revocation provisions of paragraph (5) of subdivision (a) of Section 13352..

excon

PS> Hey Dude, YOU asked.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3rd DUI consequences [ 14 Answers ]

I was just wondering... I got my 3rd DUI in February of this year, and am actually on house arrest for it right now. Anyway, I got a letter back in April stating that my DL was suspended until April of '08. Well, in September when I was in jail (being released to go to KU) I got a different letter...

What would be my consequences? [ 7 Answers ]

So when I was about 13 I shoplifted once with merchandise worth about 45$ the police took me home and talked to my parents that was it. Now I am 18 and shoplfited not too long ago with merchandise worth about 12$ I got a tickets to get my fingerprint tomorrow and the court date about 2 weeks from...

What most likely will be the consequences [ 1 Answers ]

:( My boyfriend has to attend court this morning for having $1500 worth of counterfeit drugs. He has had 8 previous dropped cases, but they are not all drug charges. Five are traffic violations, 2 drug andf one for paranelia, how much time do you think he may receive, or what do you think his...

What are the consequences of this? [ 4 Answers ]

I have written credit card cheques that were in my husband's name to myself, forging his signature, and have deposited them into my personal account for spending purposes. I have used three different cheques in three different occasions. The cheques have cleared and the money well spent. What...

Does anyone know the consequences if... [ 19 Answers ]

My husband left me a few months ago and we are now in the midst of a divorce. It was his choice because he has a girlfriend. I have a way of proving in court that my husband smoked marijuana when we were married. Does anyone know what could happen to him if I can prove this in court? Thanks!

View more questions Search