Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cooper0101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 08:17 AM
    Can employers ask you about interviewing?
    I recently went on an interview. My current supervisor directly asked me when if I had been on an interview. Then proceeded to "interrogate" me about it asking me the details of it. Can he/she do that? What is my recourse?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Feb 16, 2009, 08:30 AM

Unless you are protected by a contract, your supervisor can ask anything they wish. You may choose not to answer, for example: "Since that doesn't apply to my work here, I'd rather not discuss it."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I file a formal complaint to HR for unethical interviewing practices? [ 5 Answers ]

I will try to be brief: Does a potential candidate for a position at a company he does not work at (but interviewed with) have any recourse in filing a formal complaint with HR on the following: 1) After an extensive 10 week process of interviewing candidates for a Regional Sales position in...

What questions do employers ask while interviewing [ 1 Answers ]

I just got out of school:eek: and looking for a/c jobs maybe just doing installs for now until I get more confedent but I just wanted an idea of what employers might ask while interviewing Thank you

H1 transfer from 2 employers [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Employers A & B have applied for my H1 transfer.Since employer A has applied for premium procesing I am joining them.In the mean time employer B is doing the normal processing for my H1 and they have asked me to wait for the approval before I can join them.My question is that say I join A now...

Interviewing Fears [ 2 Answers ]

I have been in retail management for over 7yrs, I am now looking for a job and of course Going on interviews. I fear them so much, because I don't do a good job at articulating my Skills an abilities, I am confident in my abilities and feel I can manage any establishment. I feel that my lack of...

View more questions Search