Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Mar 9, 2009, 03:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    Gal,

again i agree witcha...i don't know if i said this before but I thought this was REALLY interesting....do you know Laodecia means? It is translated the peoples rights!!!!! how relevant is that now. The bible is amazing.
    Could explain the mega-church?
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2009, 07:43 PM
    I do believe that some of the book of Revelation has come to pass and more will take place in the future.
    However, I also velieve that the return of Chrsit is still many years away' at least 100 years.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    bobbalina Posts: 145, Reputation: 4

Mar 10, 2009, 05:01 AM

I personally think it will happen in my lifetime (im 17)... well that's what everyone is telling me...
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2009, 05:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbalina View Post
    i personally think it will happen in my lifetime (im 17)...well thats what everyone is telling me...
    In my opinion Israel nation marked 1948 as to what is written in scripture. That we can see, put us within the fig tree generation..

God has shown previously that change comes after 70 years.. We can not know the actually time and date. We can only watch for the signs that have been foretold in scripture.

Learn the parable of the fig tree (Christ instructed)
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2009, 08:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by galveston View Post
    Could explain the mega-church?
    Maybe... I was just thinking about us in America and how it is all about our "rights"... go to the politcal boards here and it is all about what is Our RIGHTS!. Never before in history have people complained, proclaimed and demanded their so called "rights"! How fitting the church of Laodecian would be translated... the peoples rights!
    adam7gur Posts: 372, Reputation: 38

Mar 10, 2009, 10:15 AM

classyT
    I know you are familiar with Watchman Nee.Have you read ''The Orthodoxy of the Church''?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2009, 10:45 AM

You can not know the day or the hour
    But you CAN know the season.
    We are in the beginning of the season'
    We will go through much of the tribulation because the second coming (rapture) happens at the seventh trumpet when the anti christ is revealed.

The verses you are referring to are the judgments of God when Christians receive their rewards or crowns,
    Here are some sites on that

http://www.shangralafamilyfun.com/Bi...FiveCrowns.txt

A Bible Study on The judgment seat and rewards

I believe the anti christ will be revealed within the next 10 to 30 years

Galveston:
    The mega churches are the ones that used to be called non denominational like the televangelists ones like joel Osteens church.
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

Mar 10, 2009, 04:03 PM
    No. 1-No.
    No.2- No, the book is fiction but the author is a highly respected Pastor and knows the bible and he is giving everybody a good idea of what is going to happen. I think it will be worst. Read on.

You can't pick up a newspaper or turn on TV without agreeing that the world is in a terrible state and needs to be judged definitely and decisively. But before God judges our Christ rejecting sinful world, He will take us, His children, home to heaven.

If my house was infected with termites and I had to fumigate, even if my children were being a bit rebellious or difficult, I would still make sure they were out of the house before the tent went up and the gas was pumped in.

If we earthly parents are concerned about our children's safety, how much more is our heavenly Father concerned about the safety of His children.

Not only will the rapture insure our safety... but it will also bring about salvation.
    Preaching on the day of pentecost, Peter spoke of the day when the sun shall be darkened, whenthe moon shall turn to blood, when whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved (Acts2:16-21) But if you cannot receive Jesus Christ in this day of grace what makes you think you will be able to stand for Him in the time of intense persecution? Those who acknowledge Jesus as Lord in the tribulation will be saved...
    But they will lose their heads in the process (Rev 20:4)

I read where Lifsaving Techniques dictates that if a drowning person fights against him, a lifeguard must knock out the drowning person in order to save him. So too, the tribulation is Gods knockout punch to shake up the heathen in order to save them.

During this time Elijah and Moses will preach in the streets of Jerusalem (Rev 11) 144,000
    Jewish evangelists will preach throughout the world (Rev 7) And when Jesus returns with His saints all of Israel will lift their eyes and say" where did you get those wounds?
    Jesus will answer "In the house of my friends (Zechariah 13) Then the entire nation of Israel shall be saved (Rom 11) What a glorious day that will be. The tribulation will purge the world of the evilness which permeates our planet to such a degree that the millennium ,even ecology will be restored . That is why the mountain will break forth into song and the trees of the fields shall clap their hands (Isaiah 55:12) Why the lion will lie down with the lamb (Isaiah11:6) Jesus is coming soon. He will call us to be with Him.
    His coming is the ultimate answer to every heart problem.

MAGGIE 3

Mar 10, 2009, 04:49 PM

On this subject: From Jay Sekulow
    Meanwhile, at the United Nations, a drastic move is reportedly underway to make the anti-Christian measure, ''Combating Defamation of Religions,'' BINDING - MANDATORY - for member nations, including America.

It would criminalize proclamation of the Gospel around the globe. Speaking out against Islam, for example, would be an international crime.

It is later than some of you think.
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2009, 08:07 PM
    galveston,
    Indeed it is later than some think
    But silencing Christianity will fail as all attempts in the past have failed.
    Jesus wants His story told to many.
    Though it may be troublesome to do so..
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2009, 04:48 AM

Obviously and honestly I am not one who believes in man's doctrine of the rapture.

However the tribulation will occur just as scripture tells us, and has warned us. I feel Christ example man's ability in being weak, is shown in the watch the disciples fell asleep on, and it was during Christ absence to go pray. (Matthew 26:38)
    Think about it.. because Christ went 3 times to show the evidence of this happening.

Do you feel we are not going to see this same way of not being watchful, and falling asleep in weakness, taking place ? I believe we will.. And that we have been foretold these things for a good reason. Christ is our way, and He has shown us His way for a good reason.
    Acts 2:17-19 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:

This is a foretold sign that I believe we should be watchful to see, and understand. And in trust of His way and His strength. These are included in the signs that are God's seals, lock within your forehead. Acts 2:20-21 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come: And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Note(Acts 2:22-24) Does show Christ's path on this earth against satan/death, full of wonders and signs in His conquering over death.

David is our witness to what we should understand, and we too should not be moved in fear of wickness. Because the Lord remains as the the right hand of strength over us. Acts 2:25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:

We rest in Christ, in hope, in His strength as this chaper goes on to tell us. We must compare our life and the path we are foretold will take place. How Christ was the way... The true way and only way to overcome death.

Acts 2:26-27 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Now compare Acts 2:26-27 with Acts 2:31-32 (It is the promise of our way in being what His way was, and how to overcome death)

Act 2:31-32 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

Acts 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.

Do you recall the glory of God's contenance on Moses face?

( Num 6:25 Psa 11:7 Psa 44:3 Psa 80:16 Psa 89:15 Mat 28:3 Revel 1:16 )

Can you see anything harming His children when they have His contenance which is like the sun that shines in His strength? The sun is hot, much to hot in touch, and it would burn anything that came to close to it's path.

~His way

Mar 11, 2009, 08:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    galveston,
    Indeed it is later than some think
    But silencing Christianity will fail as all attempts in the past have failed.
    Jesus wants His story told to many.
    Though it may be troublesome to do so..
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Of course the devil will fail to stop the gospel.
    What this effort on a global scale shows is how near the Tribulation period can be.
    And if the Tribulation is close, how close can we be to the rapture? (I know you don't believe that, but many of us do.)
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2009, 09:54 AM
    Of course the devil will fail to stop the gospel.
    So True, for all that is written must be fulfilled.

Matthew 24:4-14 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all [these things] must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these [are] the beginning of sorrows. Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

What this effort on a global scale shows is how near the Tribulation period can be.
    So True again.. for Christ warned us for good reason to watch..do not fall asleep

And if the Tribulation is close, how close can we be to the rapture? (I know you don't believe that, but many of us do
    Woe Woe Woe have you read of Woe # 1 Woe # 2 Woe #3 in Revelation? There are 3... evident indentity once again shown to what fulfills what is written

Luke 21:22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.Luke 21:22 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! For there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.

Christ prayed to the Father that the cup would not pass Him... This was the cup of God's Wrath that Jesus prayed in evidence in wanting death not to touch man...It is God's cup of Wrath that has been foretold to the wicked and told to fear.

Matthew 26:39 And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou [wilt].

Matthew 26:42-43 He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done. And he came and found them asleep again: for their eyes were heavy.And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words.

Revelation 14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

_______________________________________________Go Back to satan and the Woe

Revealation 9:3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

Does that verse put those with the seal of God still on earth? Yes, clearly satn has 5 months to hurt only those who don't have the seals in their forehead READ READ READ.. .

Revealtion 9:4
    And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment [was] as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

Revelation 9:12 One woe is past; [and], behold, there come two woes more hereafter.

In that 5 months the 7 seals will occur... foretold to warn you with God's seals in our forehead..
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2009, 09:34 PM
    sndbay,
    Very good posts.
    Thanks much.
    Fred
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2009, 07:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    The antic-Christ and false prophet are clearly future events. When Christ comes back to earth he will shut them up with a word and they are both thrown LIVE into the lake of fire...or did that happen already and I missed it? lol
    It is pure folly for anyone to think Obama could be the anti-christ. First scripture is clear the man will rise up out of the revived roman empire.

Having said that, we can see how Obama is able to speak very well and how popular he is here and really in the world. Think how easy it will be for the anti-christ....not only will he be a man with an ability to communicate well, he will have POWER behind him.
    Yes Nero was here before the rest of the things that have to happen before the anti christ is revealed.
    The Bible says there will be many anti christs... Nero. Hitler. etc. but THE ONE of revelation has not appeared yet.

Mar 12, 2009, 11:32 AM

Here's more on the tribulation period.

Rev 8:8-11
    8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;
    9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.
    10 And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;
    11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.
    (KJV)

John describes what he saw. To me these two events sound like an asteroid strike and a nuclear or thermonuclear explosion.

A falling asteroid would look something like a burning mountain. The fact that it falls into the sea (Medeterrainian?) explains why the damage is not worse than it is.

The bitter water could be radioactive, causing death.

IF this idea happens to be right, then the world is looking at both a natural disaster and a man made disaster in close succession.
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2009, 03:44 PM
    Here's more on the tribulation period.

Rev 8:8-11
    8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;
    9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.
    10 And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;
    11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.
    (KJV)
    We have to remember in chapter 7 and the first verse chapter 8 the seals were shown. The seals were what the Lamb opened to be foretold and shown. The 7th seal is Christ who returns..

Now Chapter 8 are the trumpets, and this is the sounding of what is executed. These trumpets are in order..

Note:[/ (Revel 17:15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues)

Note: ( Due 4:24 For the LORD thy God [is] a consuming fire, [even] a jealous God.)

God's fire is the anger towards false teaching, and evil works. God will permit by delusion what people chose to follow in other gods, and when they fall to satan's deception. 1/3 of all creation fell to the death known in satan's deception, and the ships are those who supplied the teaching.

(Revel 8:11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.)

The star is known as satan, the anti-christ that offers death in his water given to drink, in comparison to the living water and true Christ. Those people who follow satan were made bitter. (Luke 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.)

Satan will have power to decease and will attempt to make people think 1/3 of the star, 1/3 of the sun, and 1/3 moon changes... Who will believe in him?

Mar 12, 2009, 03:56 PM

Sorry, I think the devastation will be literal, even though the description may be difficult for a man knowing nothing about nuclear devices

The first rule in undestanding Scripture is to accept statements as literal unless it is clear from the context that it is to be taken symbolicaly.
    Ultra Member

Mar 12, 2009, 09:26 PM
    N0help4u,
    I very much agree with your post here.
    Nero has come and gone but the anti-Christs keep on coming along,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2009, 03:29 AM
    Sorry, I think the devastation will be literal, even though the description may be difficult for a man knowing nothing about nuclear devices

The first rule in undestanding Scripture is to accept statements as literal unless it is clear from the context that it is to be taken symbolicaly.
    Let me make myself more clear about what is literal, satan does today tempt us.. The ( trumpets are signs ) of how the word must be fulfilled, and true even today as they are being carried out. The executed events that are like for Example 911, was a bitterness within the hearts of those who crashed into the building, and killed many people. A bitterness that tells man that god has told them to do this.

As we continue through bitterness we will come to 4 additional signs/trumpets that show next that satan is coming soon. Then the Woes begin (8:13), and the anti-christ is released on earth @ the fifth trumpet (9:2)

Chapter 9 which I have already posted makes it clear that by the command of God, nothing of earth with the seal of God in their forehead can be harmed. (Remember 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.)

The question is do we believe that death itself is satan, and life is our Lord? YES

Isa 5:20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search