Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    XXstaceyxx Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 06:47 AM
    Aerial works downstairs but not upstairs
    Hello,
    Not sure if I have posted this on the right section but basically I could do with some help on the following:

I have just moved into a rented house and we could only pick up a few scaty channels on freeeview, after some investigaing we found out that we needed a power supply for the amp built on the aerial so I got one (like a booster box but it isn't a booster box!) this has worked downstairs and we get all freeview channels, there is also an aerial socket in the bedroom which the owner says worked when he was there with a booster box (I think he meant the power suppply box?) anyway I have tried the booster box and the amp power supply in the bedroom alomg with a stand alone aerial and none of them seem to get a picture in the bedroom, does nayone have any ideas?

Many thanks

Stacey
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2009, 07:50 AM

It needs to be the power supply that goes with
    The antenna preamp.
    You have to have a direct connection between preamp and power supply. Then out of power supply to a splitter, then to each TV.
    If hooked up correctly. You will have picture, the unplug the power supply AC cord, then it should visibly lose much of the signal, plugging back in should bring it back up.
    There is a Rare part called an "AC passive splitter that can go between power supply and preamp, so a secon TV can be tapped off the main line, instead of having to come off a splitter after the power supply. Channel Master make it.
    An Antenna amplifier is different than a power supply. It puts voltage on the coax feeding voltage to preamp, and sends amplified signal back down on same coax.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water downstairs but not upstairs [ 5 Answers ]

Over the weekend the water has failed to run hot upstairs but still manages to run hot downstairs. Even the shower is freezing. Does anybody know what could be causing this? Thanks

No hot water downstairs but is upstairs [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Not sure if anyone can help me? I have just moved into a rented house and there is no hot water coming through to the kitchen tap (there was for about one day then it just stopped) we do however have hot water upstairs in fact it is very very hot up there but just a tiny dribble out of...

Hot water downstairs, no hot upstairs [ 1 Answers ]

When I got up this morning, I went to wash my hands and no water came out of the faucet. I turned the knob to the cold water and I got water. I checked the faucets downstairs and the hot water is working fine. My husband went to the basement and the pipes felt warm and there wasn't a leak. The hot...

Cold air upstairs, hot air downstairs [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, We recently bought a new house and are having a problem with our heating system. The air upstairs is significantly colder than downstairs, in fact you can feel the change as you go up the stairs. The air coming out of the vents upstairs is about the same as the cool room temperature....

Hot water downstairs but not upstairs [ 5 Answers ]

I'm not getting hot water upstairs but I am downstiars. If I switch the shower on the run the tap upstairs at the same time the water gets warm but not hot but downstairs its really hot water:confused:

View more questions Search