Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mjssilvia4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2009, 05:58 PM
    Maytag elect. Dryer
    My Maytag #pye2300ayw is not heating properly. I have changed the high limit kit looks like element comes on and shuts off very fast is there a thermostat on the blower ? Or maybe what position is the high limit thermostat belong in. thanks
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2009, 11:30 PM

Mjssilvia4 - ON some modles there are sometimes another high heat protector on the
    Blower duct;; #1- CHECK YOU LINT SCREEN FOR CLOGGING <THE VENT HOSE FOR LINT CLOGGING <CHECK THE Through WALL DUCT AND THE FLAPPER DOORS ON THE OUT SIDE FOR JAMEDOR CLOGGED WITH LINT: CHECK THE AIR DUCT ALSO FOR LINT CLOGGING::
    #2 ity could be another heat protector that is defective; they shut the heating element off very quick if the temp. reaches a certain degree,that is high; iif there is another one ,it will be on the air duct;; THE thermostat switch may be bad also and causeing your trouble;; CHECK OUT WHAT I HAVE SIUSGESTED AND IF IT Don't WORK <COME BACK ON THIS POST AND WILL GO WITH OTHER CAUSES:: GOOD LUCK AND HAVE A NICE DAY AND GOD BLESS:: F.B.E.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Dryer putting out a black substance inside my dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know why my Maytag Gas dryer is putting out a black substance in my dryer that is also along the vent area as well. When I clean out the lint container it's full of black?

Maytag dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maytag dryer. It makes some knocking noise when it starts. What could be the problem?

Maytag Dryer [ 1 Answers ]

My Maytag Dryer takes a long time to dry. It completes the cycle and the clothes are not dry. Is there something I can do?:confused:

Converting dryer from gas to elect. [ 2 Answers ]

Is it possible to convert my gas dryer to electric or do I have to buy a new dryer?

Kenmore elect. Dryer runs but does not heat [ 1 Answers ]

Approximately 130V between each of the element terminals and ground, replaced element but no heat. Other checks; new high limit t'stat, operating t'stat shows 7 ohms, element shows 10ohms. Can trace voltage all the way to the element and the element is new. Out of ideas, need help.

View more questions Search