Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    singitbaby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2009, 04:08 PM
    Auditions for Jekyll
    So I am going to be auditioning for Jekyll and Hyde in a couple of months, and really want to be Lucy. What would be some good songs to audition with? I am a soprano but I prefer to sing mezzo and belt.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 15, 2009, 04:36 PM

Lucy was a servant in his household in London latter part of the last century, so I think some oppressed songs would be worthwhile for your audition. I don't think it matters much as long as it showcases your voice.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2009, 08:32 AM

I'd go with songs from Scarlet Pimpernel. They are in a similar key and have the same "distressed" feel to them.

No One Knows Who I Am from Jekyl/Hyde is reminiscent of When I Look At You from SP.

Best of luck! Lucy is a great part.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need to find acting auditions [ 2 Answers ]

I want to get started on my acting career. What is the best way to find out where auditions are being held? Is having an agent necessary to getting jobs? What should be the start pay for a beginning actor?

Where can I go to find auditions for commercials or sitcoms ? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello I'm a 14 year old boy. & I'm really interested to start acting on Television. Maybe I can start acting on a T.V commercial or maybe as an extra in a movie or in a T.V series. I live on B.C Canada, but I'm not sure on where can I go to get started on this acting career? Where can I go on my...

View more questions Search