Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paul cooke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2009, 02:02 PM
    Knowledge of communication
    How do you have knowledge and understanding, of how to communicate effectively with others.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Feb 15, 2009, 03:04 PM

I could write a 'ton' of words here... but suffice to say;

LISTEN, ask a lot of questions, smile at appropriate times, stay concentrated, pay attention.

When you ask a question, respond to the answer with acknowledgment and another qualified question to their response/answer... show honest interest, always.

People do not always find a willing recipient who intently listens... you will build a rapport with this person and a bond.

Stringer
    bones252100 Posts: 253, Reputation: 29

Feb 15, 2009, 03:30 PM
    LISTEN! Listen not only to words spoken but also to the gist of their part of the conversation. Never interrupt with your rebuttals or answers but make a mental or written note. Allow the other person to have their entire say. This allows them to feel they have "gotten it off their chests" & will improve their respect for you. Most subordinates' complaints are about superiors that never listen to what they have to say.
    Then it is your turn. Address each question & concern expressed by the other person. Once all concerns have been addressed then it is your turn to motivate the other person toward your line of thinking. TACT is allowing the other person to do it your way!
    The words "I" and "you" should NEVER be used. The word "I" produces the feeling of Master over Slave. The word "you" points a finger at the individual and is generally perceived as a "put-down".
    Substitute the word "we" for "I" and "you". Instead of "I want this cleaned up" say "we need this cleaned up". Instead of "you need to do something about this" try "we need to do something about this". This simple change makes it a team effort instead of a master over slave situation. This brings your team member into the team in their minds.
    This works with bosses, employees, peers & spouses. The key word is LISTEN.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 15, 2009, 03:57 PM
    Know them by what they say, and do, paying close attention, and be a good listener. Listening carefully will enable you to learn much about a person.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my rights be taken away without my knowledge? [ 9 Answers ]

I have a two year old son that lives 60 miles away. I do not see him very often due to being in extreme debt and having to work two jobs seven days a week. The mother of my child just remarried, is pregnant again and is being a hateful person, saying he is not mine, has claimed my son was dead...

Data Communication, Evaluate the performance of communication [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I would like your help in the below question: Scenario Mr Paul Rainer sits in his office at Avon Cosmetics, in Salford Quays. Mr Rainer is Vice President of corporate MIS and his mind is moving to communications. His Enthusiasm is infectious and all the executives in the company...

Public Knowledge? [ 4 Answers ]

Is there a way to find an employers federal identification number online? I still have not gotten any of my W2 forms and was wondering if I can find the info online.

Judgement without knowledge [ 4 Answers ]

A judgement has my bank account frozen. Apparently the credit card company sued me after I moved and sent notices to my old address for 4 years. The debt collectors/bottom feeders told me the credit card company sent me a settlement offer in October 2006 to my old address. I never received any...

Asking for knowledge! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi thank you so much that U answered my quseting. So I have other questions hope I get answer to them. 1\ What is the advantage of using a low pressure switch to control Compressor operation? 2\ What should I do to set low pressure swith in order to maintain A cabint...

View more questions Search