Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nav Posts: 50, Reputation: 3

Aug 15, 2006, 05:00 PM
    computer keeps crashing
    my computer starts making a cranking noise and it freezes. I get a blue screen which says I need to check my newly installed programs or software, it has an eroor code:
    stop: oxoooooooF4 (oxooooooo3, 0x8658EDAo, ox8658EF14, ox805D114o) I have no idea what is causing the problem, if anyone knows what the error code means or what the problem is please help.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Aug 15, 2006, 09:48 PM
    In my experience, these STOP ERRORS are usually cause by either bad drivers or malfunctioning hardware.

Check your device manager. I would verify you have the latest BIOS for your system board, and the latest drivers for your sound card, video card, and any other component cards or system specific devices you have.

These can be difficult to nail down, so if your computer is still under warranty, I would contact your manufacturer and have them help you sort out possible software updates or replacement parts.
    BUSICOM Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2006, 02:57 AM
    Not sure if you have resolved your problem yet, I feel more info on the cranking noise would be helpful... are you able to give detils on the noise as to what it sounds similar to and from what area the sound is coming from (hard disk, cdrom, an internal fan)??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer [ 3 Answers ]

How to format my compuer

Internet explorer crashing [ 7 Answers ]

I'm having trouble with my enternet explorer crashing when I close it. :mad: I've turned off my browser add ons,but it still keeps closing saying it encountered problen,I send report every time. Any help out there plzzzzz;)

Direct computer to computer connection via Ethernet ports [ 1 Answers ]

I should like to connect two Windows XP computers via Gigabit ethernet ports. What a software is necessary To ensure the possibility to use one of the PCs as a terminal of another With sharing HDDs ets?

Newly built computer for sale! Powerful Computer! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a computer for sale, here are the specs: DFI Landparty NF4 SLI-DR Motherboard AMD64 X2 Dual Core 4800+ Processor 1GB of Corsair XMS Dual Channel RAM Aspire X-Cruiser Silver Case 550 Watt Antec True Power Power Supply 7800GTX 256MB DDR3 Graphics Card with SLI enabled 300GB Maxtor...

Explorer crashing [ 6 Answers ]

My problem is similar to this one :https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/archive/t-1281.html Internet Explorer when launched opens its window then promptly shuts down. Also, then Explorer is opened to view any drive, control panel, etc. it too opens then explorer promptly crashes and then restarts. The...

View more questions Search