Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    what to do what Posts: 17, Reputation: -1

Feb 15, 2009, 08:17 AM
    I need to figure out his address
    I went on vacation and met a friend from canada and he gave me his address but it does not come up on Google maps ?can someone help me?:)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 15, 2009, 08:31 AM

We can't really help you because you can't post his address here. That would be too dangerous. Is there a postal code. Could be we can help you that way without giving away his entire address

Feb 15, 2009, 08:44 AM

I can say his city
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 15, 2009, 09:29 AM
    Google maps is not totally accurate. It may be a new development that hasn't been posted yet. Why does this concern you?
    Expert

Feb 15, 2009, 03:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    Google maps is not totally accurate. It may be a new development that hasn't been posted yet. Why does this concern you?
    As the OP stated, she met him on holiday. I assume there was an attraction and he gave her his address.

Feb 15, 2009, 04:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    as the OP stated, she met him on holiday. I assume there was an attraction and he gave her his address.
    I understood that, but why would he be concerned that he can't find the address on Google Maps? Has he tried writing a letter? Did he only get a street address and not a phone or e-mail address?

If I met someone on vacation and they gave me contact info I wouldn't be concerned if their address was not on Google Maps or Mapquest or whatever. I would be concerned only if I tried to connect with the person and couldn't. If they diodn't contact me in return or gave me false info, I would think they just didn't want to refuse to exchange and drop it.

So I ask again, why does the address not be ing on Google Maps cause concern?
    Expert

Feb 15, 2009, 04:46 PM

You are very analytical : just so enjoy your personality :). Could be they plan on driving there and want to find it on the map ? I don't know. I am assuming again. You are probably right about 'refusing to exchange'. Could be the OP pressured this person into providing 'something' and got 'something', ended up being just what he wanted it to be 'nothing'. Do you think we will ever know? Will jane/jack meet with his intended s/o ever again'; stay tuned...

Tick

Feb 15, 2009, 05:01 PM

Yes those are also possibilities, but instead of listing a bunch of conjectures, I asked the OP to explain.

Feb 15, 2009, 05:19 PM

Guys I emailed him he hasn't e mailed me back I think my emal servers down right now

Feb 15, 2009, 05:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by what to do what View Post
    guys i emailed him he hasnt e mailed me back i think my emal servers down right now
    That doesn't answer the question. If we understand why this bothers you we may be able to help further.

Feb 15, 2009, 08:15 PM

I have something to maill him
    Expert

Feb 16, 2009, 02:30 AM

Hi, what, what is the problem with the address. If it doesn't have a postal code it won't go anywhere in Canada. Your local post office will have a Canadian postal code book, province first, then town, then street and the street carries the postal code number. Hope this helps. Otherwise, let me know what the problem with the address is.

Tick

Feb 16, 2009, 06:24 AM

I have da postal code

Feb 16, 2009, 08:53 AM

If you have his address and the postal code, then just mail it. Just because Google Maps doesn't show the address doesn't mean its not good. If its bad, the Canadian Post Office will return it to you as undeliverable. If you want to check the validity of the address contact the Canadian Post Office.
    CSlager Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 09:07 AM

Google maps is imperfect it lacks the resources that city census and mapmakers have therefore it will not always come up on Google maps. It will however come up on mapquest more often.

There are several advanced ways to find the address of the person for whatever reason you would like the address. Mapquest, contacting a local commerce guild or contacting their version of the chamber of commerce, MSN maps, you can also call the local town's library which will usually have someone who can help you.

Now if you want to find this person for other reasons, like they stole your wallet and all you got was an address, I suggest contacting a PI local to the town or city in which they reside.

If this is a question of mailing something like a thank you or a remembrance of the occasion then you contact Canada Post
    who will be able to give you posting instructions. They will also be able to tell you if a street address and number exist in their system.

Feb 16, 2009, 09:55 AM

No g maps says its some oil place

Feb 16, 2009, 11:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by what to do what View Post
    no g maps says its some oil place
    So what you are saying is that the address he gave DOES show up, but shows an oil refinery or something like that? You should have mentioned that at the beginning.

Did it ever occur to you that he gave you false info just to placate you? So you have a couple of choices:

• Contact him by e-mail to confirm the address
    • Send the item to that address anyway
    • Contact Canadian postal authorities
    • Google his name or use An online directory for Canada

Feb 16, 2009, 04:08 PM

I tried emailing him he hasn't emailed back

Feb 16, 2009, 04:09 PM

So assume he doesn't want to contact you

Feb 16, 2009, 04:10 PM

He asked for my email in the 1st place

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Renewing IP address [ 4 Answers ]

I just got a new laptop and i was trying to hook it up to my wireless internet. I kept getting messages saying limited or o connectivity. When i checked why it said i needed to renew my IP address but i have no idea how to do this. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Ip address [ 2 Answers ]

I can't renew my ip address on my local area connection

Gmail address [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I Have A Problem And I Will Be Gled If You Can Help Me To Resolve It. My Question Is That: If I Can Discover A Name Of A Person Who Use An Gmail Address And I Know About Him Just His Gmail Address? Thank You For Your Answer And Understanding - moved from Tips -

Cannot renew ip address [ 3 Answers ]

My lap top signal is excellent but can not connect to internet tried to plug in lan line could not renew ip address :mad:

Ip from mail address [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Id like to ask about how I can know the ip from the address mail For example if I have this mail... @yahoo.com did I can get the ip of from where I'm connecting Why this Because there is some one he is doing me problemes I think that he is the same person that I know but he is using an...

View more questions Search