Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2009, 08:00 AM
    P90X.getting on that again.
    Hello everyone. Sneezy here.

So this morning, I went to the gym for the first time in... months. Throughout college, I was relatively lean, had a decent body that I wasn't ashamed of, even with all the fast food/late night eating.

Well, as soon as I got out of college and started to run my restaurant, I was CONSTANTLY around fried foods, I was working 13 hours a day, everyday, and therefore, did not have any time to go to the gym. When I found a one-hour window to actually go to the gym, I wasn't motivated enough. So now, I look in the mirror and see... blech.

I was 5'8", 155 lbs less than a year ago, and now I stand at 5'8" and 167 lbs.

I decided starting tomorrow, I will start doing the P90X routine again. I'll get on here every once in a while and "blog" about it, and let you guys know how I am doing.

Help me get motivated for this!!
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2009, 08:58 PM

So... yeah...

I know I said I'd start this week... but... yeah. No go. Perhaps next week :(
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2009, 02:26 AM
    Ill be your cheerleader.

I know.

Wed both rather have linny or synn or alty waving the poms.

Here's the deal.

It takes about 6 weeks for a schedule to become a natural routine. So... start now.

Or now.

How about now?

I think you Know how 4-6 weeks can change you... hell, it takes 2-3 weeks just to get your body in the groove...

So... screw next week... how about now?

That one week earlier to being where you want to be.

And being tired doesn't cut it as an excuse. Get up an hour earlier and slog your way through the workout first thing in the morning.

I don't like it either. Unfortunately, 5am wakeups aren't just for sex. Its also for billy blanks, my big, mean daddy.

Crapola.

Anyway... here's one member who read your post and will hold you to it...

Summer is just a few months away and spring is all but here.
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2009, 08:45 AM

thanks kp. I know I need to get on it.

This week, however, will be my "warming up" week, where I go to the gym and lift some weights to get my body in the groove of things.

Went to the gym last night. The old smell of dried sweat and sheer metal got me going. I am now... absurdly sore. I shall start P90X on Monday, after another session at the gym on Sunday. Perhaps tonight, if I have time, I shall go run a couple of miles.

As far as dieting goes, I haven't made too much of a change... I've given up on sweets and sodas, but as far as opting for a "healthier meal,"... I work at a fast food place, it's inevitable.

Breakfast: 6 oz yogurt
    Lunch: Usually a sandwich
    Lunch/Dinner: (this is where it kills me most)... something from my restaurant
    Late night snack: 6 oz yogurt
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Feb 21, 2009, 01:42 PM
    Ezine snippet I just read this week... yogurt was one of their "superfoods"... people who put it into their restricted diet lost something like 60% more weight, and 80% more belly fat.

20 Superfoods For Weight Loss - AOL Health

This week, however, will be my "warming up" week, where I go to the gym and lift some weights to get my body in the groove of things.

Yeah, I tend to do about two solid weeks, something everyday or nearly everyday... and when the weather is nice ill hit the trail in the evening... but I find mentally and physically its good to take a few days off... maybe just stretching, resting... a physical and mental break... and then, like you are doing, ill spend the first three to four workouts gearing back up.

This is your thread so I won't muck it up with my noise too much, but my latest hate is kettlebells. Ow and ow. That and we recently bought two 2lb soft balls for pilates work. Man... whod think 2lbs in each hand would hurt that bad.

Those pilates girls have flat abs and tight butts, but their hearts are dark. Mean. We have a private instructor come to our house twice a week and she never runs out of ways to make you wish you'd just stay in bed.
    Ultra Member

Feb 22, 2009, 07:08 PM

Thanks kp. You can feel free to come in and kick my butt any time. God knows I need the motivation.

I am going to head to the gym soon... soon... soon... I swear.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

P90X Results? [ 40 Answers ]

Has anyone tried the P90X routine? If so, what were you results?

Is P90X good? [ 14 Answers ]

Is the P90X a good work out?

View more questions Search