Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2009, 07:32 AM
    The Drug War
    Hello:

Chief R. Gil Kerlikowske, my home town top cop, is going to be the new Drug Czar.

Seattle, is also home to hemp fest. That's a four day celebration of marijuana held in a downtown park with thousands upon thousands of people in attendance, and ALL of 'em smoking dope.

The cops LOVE that duty. Not cause they indulge, but because it's a pretty gentle place.

What do you think this means for the drug war?

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2009, 01:32 PM

Hopefully it means the end of being a criminal for smoking dope. Right now most of America will throw you in jail and throw the key away for smoking or possessing dope.

The government needs to step in and tax this product like it does tobacco products. Look at the revenue it will generate! Millions upon millions!

And the best part of all of this should it be decriminalized is the money that is being funneled into other countries via the criminal element. Yes, I know the drug dealers will just push coke, crack, meth, smack instead... but it IS a start, and you have to start somewhere on this decriminalization of drugs. Granted, certain drugs are dangerous and should not be decriminalized, but I feel that if pot is properly regulated and used responsibly (like alcohol can be used responsibly) America can and will benefit in many ways.

I'm hoping!! :D:D:D
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2009, 01:59 PM

Criminalizing drug consumption has proven to be a colossal failure for American Society. Do we want to be a nation of people in jail and jailers?? No.

Seems to me, his appointment may herald a new attitude toward how to deal with the use of drugs, especially marijuana.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2009, 08:15 PM

Just saw a one hour program about Mendocino County, California's populace growing pot. Seems they don't do much to the residents there and it's a cottage industry where 60% of the residents are growers and not for just their own personal use either. It's for the money as they don't smoke it. They are using the national forests as growing fields for their pot. Very interesting program. Kind of makes a person want to move to Mendocino County to get in on the new "gold rush" happening now in California. Wonder how long that's going to last?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2009, 03:13 AM
    The real issue is does this guy have what it takes to deal with the deteriorating situation at the border ? He may have the authority to recommend policy changes (changes that Congress has to approve ) .But there exists a growing national threat at the border ;and based on his and the Seattle police performance at things like the Mardi Gras riot I have to question his ability .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The Drug War [ 4 Answers ]

Hello: Why did they pass a Constitutional amendment to ban alcohol if all they had to do was make "War on Alcohol"? Did those legislators know something that ours don't? Could the War on Drugs be illegal? excon

A new drug [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone out there tried the new detox medication,suboxone? If so, how do you like it/ I've been on it for a month now and I think it is really helpful, yet expensive. Feedback

Drug test [ 3 Answers ]

If an emergency room doe's a drug test can they turn it over to your regular doctor without asking?

Drug test [ 2 Answers ]

I have to take a drug test tomorrow. I was given a prescription for Histussin HC cough syrup for a cold and am taking it 2 tsp. twice a day. It has hydrocodone in it. Do I tell them and bring in a copy of the prescripton? Will it be all right , since this has been prescribed by my doctor?

Need to know this drug [ 5 Answers ]

I have found a tablet and it's a small round white one with either 5k1 on it or sk1 thanks:confused:

View more questions Search