Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bamoh Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Feb 15, 2009, 01:07 AM
    Can a PR card holder secure a local govt and or federal job?
    ... sounds a little offish... I regret, but can a green card holder be considered for a local government job or federal govt job?. and if so ,some agencies call for some stringent security clearance,(I understand there are various levels here).. any luck on permanent residents with no criminal record of any sort?. or this is the preserve of US citizens only as some of these job adverts would put it by way of media?
    DCcityboy Posts: 648, Reputation: 27

Feb 15, 2009, 04:28 PM

There are some limitations in some higher level government positions, that require US citizenship, but the vast majority of government positions are open to LPR's. After all an LPR is a US national. Go for it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connect a port on a remote switch to a secure segment on the local switch [ 4 Answers ]

I have 2 Netvanta 1224R switches. On the main switch I have 3 Vlans setup. Vlan1 = main network (example IP 123.231.5.1) Vlan2 = Web Access (Example IP 69.115.851.202) Vlan3 = Secure segment (Example IP 123.231.8.1) On the remote switch I have 1 Vlan. Vlan1 = Main network (example IP...

Federal student loans illegal activity in our govt [ 6 Answers ]

My student loan has gone from $17000.00 TO $2100.00 in one year. They keep charging more and more. I am never getting rid of these. How can they charge more then the credit card companies are allowed to. Because they are federal government and they can do what ever they please. 1: How can I find...

Taxation: local, state, federal [ 1 Answers ]

Is the tax levied on the producers or consumers?

Secure ID card [ 2 Answers ]

,when I connect my flash memory into USB :this error is occurred: Please insert a disk! And in properties of flash :filesystem is Unknown. But in some of computer my flash is open.and filesystem of flash in these computer is fat32. Can anyone tell me why my flash can't open in some system?

Federal Govt. Discretionary outlays ($billions) [ 1 Answers ]

Defense: 270.2 (1998) 454.1(2004) Non-Defense : 281.9 (1998) 441.4(2004) Composite outlay deflator(2000=1.00) Defense: .9499(1998) 1.1264(2004) Nondefense: ...

View more questions Search