Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cutebeth Posts: 37, Reputation: 5

Feb 15, 2009, 12:37 AM
    Could Bio Claire be depigging me
    Guys I am using bio claire against my better judgement. Been using it for about 7 weeks now, my face is as a shade away from Rosario Dawson but I have been using other things on it before bio clair and I take suppliments as well. The point is my body is getting lighter in patches, especially my hands, so it occurred to me that with the way bio claire works so fast could it be possible that the makers put a little mono in it, lol. I know am crazy, by the way am African, My body is that of selita banks or lighter, my butt is darker as usual but I will deal with that once I get to my complexion, I want it to be like Rosario Dawson's complexion finally. I believe that Bio Claire does have steroids in it, that is for sure, its not mercury and it does not have HQ in it because HQ is not that effective on the body and bio claire doesn't turn brown. I will stop blabbing but I think its depigging me because of how am getting lighter in big patches and I know people report that with mono. Also I do a glycolic acid 70% peal every 5-7 days.
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Feb 15, 2009, 04:56 AM

I doubt Bio Claire has got monobenzone in it, let alone steroids.
    If you are worried about what is in it, you can take it to one of those people that test the product and find out what's in it. (Not sure what those people are called lol).
    RedDiamond Posts: 359, Reputation: 9

Feb 15, 2009, 10:15 AM

Good results... I say I think it doesn't have any of those substances in it. I fell if it is destroying your skin like thinning or darkening it then you can discountinue using it. I say keep using it unless you get any problems. May I ask you starting color like? I feel like when you peel or exfloate your skin it helps too... a lot. That's why you are getting pale so fast too. Probably if you didn't peel your skin.. the results would have been slower and grad to the color you got now. Please keep us updated.. thanks.
    all_honesty Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Mar 1, 2009, 11:53 AM
    RECALL INFORMATION
    Feb 13---Bio Claire recalls Natural Bio-vegetal Activator BODY LOTION---Ireland

Manufacturer: See Below

Product: Home

Start Date: 2009-02-13 End Date: 2009-03-13

Product: Lightening body lotion without hydroquinone – Natural Bio-vegetal Activator

Brand: Bio Claire

Type/number of model: P:05/08 E:05/11 082657 “S3”

Description: White 8” (200ml) high container with white screw-top lid.

Country of origin: Ivory Coast

Chemical

The product poses a chemical risk because it contains 0.06% of hydroquinone.

The product does not comply with the Cosmetics Directive 76/768/EEC.

Voluntary withdrawal from the market and recall from consumers.
    Luscious Leo Posts: 65, Reputation: 12

Mar 1, 2009, 06:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by all_honesty View Post
    RECALL INFORMATION
    Feb 13---Bio Claire recalls Natural Bio-vegetal Activator BODY LOTION---Ireland

Manufacturer: See Below

Product: Home

Start Date: 2009-02-13 End Date: 2009-03-13

Product: Lightening body lotion without hydroquinone – Natural Bio-vegetal Activator

Brand: Bio Claire

Type/number of model: P:05/08 E:05/11 082657 “S3”

Description: White 8” (200ml) high container with white screw-top lid.

Country of origin: Ivory Coast

Chemical

The product poses a chemical risk because it contains 0.06% of hydroquinone.

The product does not comply with the Cosmetics Directive 76/768/EEC.

Voluntary withdrawal from the market and recall from consumers.

Exactly. Bio Claire has a ridiculous high dosage of hydro-q.
    I have tried everything over the market and there are only three or four products that gave me results and only 1 of them contained hydro-q.
    I think your total combination of bio claire with your chemical peels are giving you results.

Good job, I hope you reach your goal.
    all_honesty Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Mar 3, 2009, 09:08 AM

I posted that up there (about Bio Claire) to show that it does contain HQ even if it says it doesn't have it in there. Also, and that it's not so "wonderful". I've heard the this lotion/creme called Dermo White is pretty good. It DOES NOT contain HQ and its made from France. They sell it all over Brooklyn (NY) and also this website, Guesso.com. If you want more info on it (Dermo White) call the Guesso company or look it up. [I'll add a link to the lotion]. I've used Bio Claire (which contains 6% of HQ) on my face a couple of times and it irritated it and got a lot of rashes on my face... it was embarrassing. I've been using Dermaclair lotion since forever and it contains 2% of HQ and has done NOTHING to my face... it only lightening it up a little and gave me a blemish- free look. It gave me a natural look, which I love. Now, they've stopped distributing Dermaclair Beauty lotion in the U.S so I'm going to try the Dermo White, which I've heard its pretty good. I just want to maintain my complextion... not get any lighter...

Dermo White link: Dermo White Complexion Beauty Milk 500ml (DERMO-L1)
    michaelkyleh Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2009, 09:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Luscious Leo View Post
    Exactly. Bio Claire has a ridiculous high dosage of hydro-q.
    I have tried everything over the market and there are only three or four products that gave me results and only 1 of them contained hydro-q.
    I think your total combination of bio claire with your chemical peels are giving you results.

Good job, I hope you reach your goal.
    .06% is ridiculously high?

Mar 3, 2009, 10:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelkyleh View Post
    .06% is ridiculously high?
    Lol, Michael, :D.

.06 is not ridiculously high, 20% like lighterr is using for instance is quite high.

I don't think Bio Claire contains HQ, I think it contains some kind of steroids something because of how efficient it is and it did irritate my skin, I have been using HQ for years and it never irritated my skin. So I don't think it contains HQ. And no natural based ingredient would work as fast as bio claire for a s kin lightener.
    RedDiamond Posts: 359, Reputation: 9

Mar 3, 2009, 01:09 PM

How your skin lightening ging cute beth? How many shades lighter have you gotten? I know up above you said it was depigging u. I used it but didn't get that much lighter. I have been usinf .1 retrin a and it has peeled my skin and its lighter. I will try to use bioclaire and see where it goes this time along with my other product.

Mar 3, 2009, 04:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDiamond View Post
    how your skin lightening ging cute beth? how many shades lighter have you gotten? I kno up above you said it was depigging u. I used it but didnt get that much lighter. I have been usinf .1 retrin a and it has peeled my skin and its lighter. I will try to use bioclaire and see where it goes this time along with my other product.
    Hi Red Diamond,
    You are kind of one of my mentors on this forum you know, anyway I am like solange's color, I have not exfoliated for about two weeks or used bio claire for two weeks or so either. I am having surgery and I want my skin to be in optimal position because I feel skin bleaching does not help skin. Anyway I should start up last week. When I initially started I was probably tyra banks complexion. However I take msm, at least 15,000mg everyday, grapeseed extract, l-methione, alpha lipoic acid, and vitamin c about 3,000mg daily. All these supplement the natural production of glutathione in the body so that's why I think am getting so pale so fast. The other day I was looking at my nipples and they were pink, completely pink. I am black, and 100% black with nothing mixed in me, so you should understand how weird this is but I thinks its all the supplements. At some point I intent to experiment with the injections, but probably not now. I think when I stop using Bio claire I will try the glutathione injections. I don't think the pills work at all. I will say I have lightened about 3 shades in total, I need about 3 more and am done. Rosario's dawson complexion is my ideal, or rihanna, but I don't have the greenish undertone that rihanna has, I have a reddish undertone so that's why I think Rosario dawson would work.
    Gr8stuff Posts: 197, Reputation: 8

Mar 3, 2009, 05:25 PM

Lol... I think some people on this thread is getting the whole % amount wrong... it says 0.06% on the report that is less than 1% and whoever mentioned 6% is getting it totally wrong... lol... I'm not in any way saying that hq is good in any % but 0.06% does sounds a lot less riskier than 6%... So please don't give out wrong info...

Mar 4, 2009, 03:24 AM
    0.06 means 6%. 0.6 means 60%, 0.006 is less than 1%, so yes it is 6%.
    michaelkyleh Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2009, 08:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cutebeth View Post
    0.06 means 6%. 0.6 means 60%, 0.006 is less than 1%, so yes it is 6%.
    No, 06% means .06% not 6%.

And there is no way in hell Bio Claire could get away with sneaking 6% HQ into a product and get away with it. 6% is very high.
    Gr8stuff Posts: 197, Reputation: 8

Mar 4, 2009, 06:59 PM
    michael^^ is right...

cutebeth, I don't know why you would think 0.06% is the same as 6%?? :confused: And why are you converting the figure that's already in %?? lol

For example: 0.06% means for each 100ml of lotion, there's 0.06ml of hq whereas 6% means for each 100ml of lotion, there's 6ml of hq...

Mar 5, 2009, 05:37 PM

That is what the poster meant, email her. Anyway thanks I guess to everybody its own,lol.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to get Bio Claire [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a 24yr old half Arabian half somali and I have uneven skin tone.I decided to order Bio Claire online after reading many positive reviews about it on this site.The problem is that I work in Africa and none of these sites ship this product to Africa :(I've tried Ebay,Guesso,Afribest with no...

Bio claire [ 9 Answers ]

Yeah Im using Bio Claire the body sking lightening lotion. I read earlier so are you saying the lotion does not work or that its better to mix that other stuff with the oil? What is it called? Or do you physically have to mix it. Ive been doing it for about 1 week now and I see a little bit of...

Is the Bio Claire oil really that different? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, HELP, Any suggestions, has any one had the below experience? The beginning of this year I used Bio Claire in the tub and it worked great, my skin lightened, I looked bright and my completion had never been more even :) . After using the crème for a few months I had an outdoor...

Bio claire! [ 7 Answers ]

Hellurr :D , I'm thinking about using bio claire cream and lotion and I read that a lot of people got good results but after about 2 and a half months they got darker than they were before. So, I'm thinking I should use bio claire for 2 months then use something else to maintain my new...

View more questions Search