Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dave2069 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2009, 08:53 PM
    Burning a DVD
    Number one: Can anyone please tell me what format I am supposed to burn my movies so I can watch them on my DVD Player.
    Number two: Which is the best burning software to accomplish this?

I am currently using Shrink DVD to RIP my movies to my PC but I do not know how to burn them back to a blank DVD.

Can someone please help me?:mad:
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2009, 09:40 PM

Hello Dave
    I've been in your shoes so I can tell you from experience I've tried every software imaginable to burn the DVD's so I could watch them on my DVD player (cheap model). Let's see. I've tried the Shrink to Burn and that didn't work. I tried Roxio and that didn't burn either where I could watch it on my DVD player. Tried a few others that I don't even remember and guess what? Yep, I finally hit on a for real video converter that burns to DVD discs. It's called AVS4YOU. There is a one year subscription for I think $29 and then when the year runs out they give you a $20 off coupon for the never expires subscription of $39. I bought the $29 one year subscription last year and was thrilled to pieces with this converter/burner. I can burn up to 434 minutes of DVD movies on one 4.7G DVD disc and play it on my rinky dink DVD player. Here's the link to the site. They are out of Germany so you can burn stuff for American DVD players and European DVD players as well. When you sign up for one software title, you get all the software titles for free as well. It's one of the best deals I've found and believe me I looked long and hard to be able to burn a huge DVD file to one 4.7G disc. Check it out for yourself and see if I'm right or not. AVS4YOU Best software for you on today's market. Subscribe and download now for free! I'm a tightwad and I think I got a lot of bang for my buck with all the different software programs. Video, Audio converters and burners. It's not very big either and if you don't want the other titles you don't have to download them unlike Roxio where it is a huge program and if you try to not load one segment of their software it won't work correctly. I spent well over $30 for the Roxio 10 and was really bummed out by it. The Shrink to Burn software was nice and all, but it really didn't do what I wanted it to do either. Oh, one thing about the AVS DVD converter. It will take several hours to convert the movie file but it does not really interfere with your other programs running. I'm converting two 2 hour movies right now and it will take me about 11 hours to complete and then burn to a disc. Hope you find this program as helpful as I have found it to be. Oh, and they have good customer support as well. They get back to you within a day (remember the time difference).
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2009, 10:45 AM

Hope you like this program as I have really benefited from this immensely. There is virtually no video file that I cannot burn to a DVD disc. I download a lot of movies from the net and successfully convert them with this program and burn them to discs to watch on my DVD player.

Let me know what you think of this program, OK?
    Dave2069 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2009, 10:25 PM
    Everything working great! Thanks for your help!!
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Feb 17, 2009, 01:32 AM

VLC isn't a bad free DVD player for the PC.
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2009, 04:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid View Post
    VLC isn't a bad free DVD player for the PC.
    I use VLC to play DVD's as well. But VLC does not convert movies to be played on a DVD player. I've tried all the converters and only the one I mentioned actually works in converting the movies downloaded onto DVD's to play in a regular DVD player.
    naga1234 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2009, 08:06 PM

I have video files in mpeg format and would like to make a dvd by arranging the files in a particular order. How can I do it?
    naga1234 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2009, 08:11 PM
    I have video files in mpeg format and would like to write them to dvd in a particular order.
    How can I do it?
    Dont treadonme Posts: 115, Reputation: -6

Aug 3, 2009, 06:55 AM

DVD flck - Bing
    jeffcard Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Aug 17, 2009, 08:42 PM

As far as I know, DVD format is VOB. You may refer to this guide, it's about how to burn movie to DVD for playback.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Burning oil [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2002 nissan altima that burns oil the light just came on a few days ago... When I turned my engine two days ago I noticed smoke coming out of the muffler... I read here that it could be the head gasket or other things... to be more specific when I check my oil it goes low and black...

Burning up [ 1 Answers ]

In the state of Texas does a landlord legally have to provide an air conditioner unit?

Burning DVD [ 3 Answers ]

Why do some DVD that you burned play OK on the computer, but On the DVD player some parts breakup or you have sound distortions. Not all, just some. Is it from the source or the burning process? Isn't there software that could screen the DVD Before you burn it for irregularities

Cd burning [ 4 Answers ]

I am a church webmaster I would like to record burn long play cd fast, is there a computer with mulit cd burning stand alone. And is there a software the burn multi cd's at once.

Burning CD [ 8 Answers ]

I am having one heck of a time trying to figure out why, all of a sudden Nero will only write CDA files. Up until recently I have had no problem writing MP3s to CD in MP3 format. I have wasted many CDs while trying to find a solution. :-/

View more questions Search