Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Manabo Posts: 26, Reputation: 5

Aug 15, 2006, 03:07 PM
    Prices on clothes today
    To me fashion now a dayz has become obselete like there is no point to it. No offence to those fashinista's but the basic style of clothing is slowly shifting into simplicity, what I mean is that people don't even try though create something any more they just design watver and post it up and the worse part is that they try to sell it for hundreds of dollars. What a rip off! For example J lindber or watever the hell its called what kind of design is that its not owrth the money you pay. My point is that what we pay for the cloths we buy is not fair these corporate tyrants use the allure of brand names to deplete the youth of today. We are getting ripped off. All I'm trying to say is that we should get the clothes at affordable price. Please your thoughts on this issue.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 15, 2006, 05:39 PM
    So don't buy those expensive brands, there are a lot of great things in Kmart, Sears, Penny's and Walmart

A lot of the difference in clothing is first the high price of designers, and the fact they are selling a lot less volume so the price to produce is higher.
    I worked in the Garment Industry for over 15 years, working with Gloria Vanderbuilt designs, and several of the high end lines of ladies clothing and night wear. The high end designer will earm several hundred thousand dollars, the low end marketer has not designer but has pattern makers making maybe 20 dollars a hour ( a lot less in Mexico and in other nations)

The high end people hold fashion shows using models and pay 100's of thousand on advertisement and stores within clothing marts where retail owners do a lot of they buying.

And in the end, you are buyng an image, an idea and the status of that clothing.

Many have slightly better, others a lot better actual cloth and material,
    It will be the difference in real or fake lace, or if that lace is of certain quality. You have a different thread count of the cloth and a differnet tension strengh.

One of my jobs in my latter years as I was at the end of my carrer was to take the "name brand" and figure out ways to copy it with cheaper material and make it without any copyright issue.

Are you getting ripped off, if you think you are, then you are, if you enjoy the higher quality and want others to look at you and know you buy high end that is what you get. But if you don't want to be "ripped" off then don't buy those brands and shop in the lower end stores. You won't be naked and you will save a lot of money.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2006, 06:20 PM
    I agree with Fr Chuck.

Don't buy it.

I don't.

I don't buy clothes that cost $100 or more.

In fact, other than my suit, I do not believe I own any clothes that cost me more than $30 to buy.

Clothes being shirts, pants, underwear, socks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 15, 2006, 07:35 PM
    Now if you want to see over priced clothes try bying clergy clothes,
    The cheapest collar shirt you can find is about 25 dollars with the average price of about 50 dollars.

That white thing I am wearing is a chasible, and it costs about 300 dollar for a average one with many costing into the 1000s

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Increasing prices [ 5 Answers ]

I need to write a letter that talks about a price increase. Anyone got any suggestions for wording?:)

Different prices for 14-2 NM [ 3 Answers ]

So I can get 14-2 NM w ground at the big store off the spool for something like $0.43/lin ft w/out tax. I can buy 250 ft of 14-2 NM-B w ground prepakaged on the shelf behind me for something like just under $60, tax not included... compared to $107.5 at the spool price. Don't know the grade of...

Motherboard prices [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone can suggest a good motherboard.. like good quality and reasonable price? Somebody told me is around C$500. Is it true? What if a certain component in the motherboard is not functioning well, is it necessary to change the motherboard? Ty in advance.

View more questions Search