Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Feb 14, 2009, 01:54 PM
    Can estrogen and/or fluroide cause sexual dysfunction?
    I have been searching for answers to a problem of rather abrupt loss of sexual function. What I have found so far is that there seem to be two things mentioned often.
    1. Fluroide in the body.
    2. Estrogen dominance in men.
    These have been listed as possible culprits in andropause.
    Have any of you encountered this condition, and have you been able to do anything about it? If so, what worked for you?
    MrEasy Posts: 112, Reputation: 17

Feb 15, 2009, 03:43 PM
    Perhaps you could give us a little more information. Such as, are you suffering from ED or loss of sex drive? Has anything else changed for instance sickness, new medications, relationships? How old are you? These answers could help us answer your post.
    Thanks.

Feb 15, 2009, 08:20 PM

OK. I'm 71, the only prescription I take is for thyroid for a long time now, been married to the same woman since 1955. I am in good condition as far as I know, no cardovascular probelem, diabetes, nor overweight.
    It started with ED but now I seem to have lost interest. All this has happened in 3 to 4 months. I went from 2x week to apparently nothing. I have been taking testoserone shots for a short time, but all I get are side effects, so I plan to discontinue them.
    So far, dr. hasn't offered any explanation. I'm going to try to pin him down tomorrow, but not very optimistic about that.

Feb 16, 2009, 08:04 PM
    You may want to find a physician who deals in anti-aging therapy. You need a complete tesing of FSH, DHEA, Estrogen, Testosterone and Free Testosterone as well as TSH, T3, T4and Free T3 in order to determine the correct replacement therapy. I've been on testosterone injections for 10 years and also take an anti-estrogen medication to counter the estrogen effect of the testosterone.
    Testosterone is the catalyst for sex drive and should take care of the lack unless there's another problem. Did the injections take care of the ED or did you take meds for that?
    If you don't get answers from your current physician I would look elsewhere for someone who specializes in anti-aging.

Feb 17, 2009, 10:05 AM

The testoserone shots didn't seem to do anything except make it a little more difficult to urinate for a few days. I did get lab work done yesterday, not sure what dr. is looking for except he did agree to test for estrogen. May know more when the results come back. Thanks for your input. If I learn more, I will share it here.
    I did learn yesterday that the community water company is polluting perfectly good deep well water with fluroide! Not only do they poison the water, they make us pay for the poison. I'll be drinking distilled water now.

Feb 27, 2009, 02:09 PM

Since no one else has posted, I'll tell what I have learned recently.
    Just over a yr ago, the dentist prescribed fluroide toothpaste because of caries at the gum line. I used it for about 11 months, the last few weeks of which I began to have problems. It was my wife who suggested that fluroide might be the problem.
    I did some on-line reading and discovered that it can indeed cause many health problems.
    I stopped using the prescription toothpaste and have been drinking distilled water, and the problem seems to have goen away, at least so far.
    Maybe my experience here will help someone else. I hope so.

Feb 27, 2009, 04:30 PM
    Mr. G. glad to hear you're doing better. I'll have to look into fluroide side effects. You've got me curious.
    Thanks for the update.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What exactly does ESTROGEN do? [ 3 Answers ]

What exactly does Estrogen do? I know that it is a female hormone but what area does it work for? And how old do you have to be, is there an age limit?

Sexual dysfunction? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 45 year old woman in good over all health but am having a sexual problem. For some reason I have begun to get overly wet whenever I get excited. This has been happening for a few months now and I don't know why, but it really gets in the way of having a quality sexual experience. I know most...

Sexual dysfunction [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriends sperm smells really vile and toxic if he hasn't had sex or come for a few days, he thinks its normal, really its not , it is really terrible,anyone experienced this? Also he can have sex for a long time but mostly doesn't come at all he just gets bored and finishes, is this a...

Low estrogen Level [ 11 Answers ]

My friend is 26 years old and in the past year has been having dizziness, heart palpatations, and fatigue. She has undergone extensive testing for low sugar levels and just recently during a 6 hour glucose tolerance test her test revelaed her sugar dropped in the last 2 hours and that her estrogen...

Smoking has been linked directly to sexual dysfunction inmen [ 1 Answers ]

Maybe once, maybe more... You started feeling the time was right, but for whatever reason, you're smoking again. Now, you're asking whether it's worth it to try quitting again. You bet it is! Smoking is a dangerous and self-destructive habit. Various poisons contained within tobacco smoke cause...

View more questions Search