Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    legalhelpneeded Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2009, 10:40 AM
    Bank account garnished with no notice
    I just found out that there is a $39K garnishment on me and my husbands bank account. The bank could not tell me who the creditor is because the department that handles that is closed on the weekends. I have not received any notices for garnishment and I can't find any judgements for that amount on the clerk of courts website. Is there anything I can do or do I just sit here until Monday and hope that I don't need any money until then?

How long do these usually take to get reversed if proper notice has not been provided?
    slowandeasy Posts: 353, Reputation: 14

Feb 14, 2009, 06:01 PM

Are you saying you were not aware you had a judgement? Once a judgement is entered, your accounts get hit with out notice,thus taking you by surprise. Try going to the bank on Tuesday because Monday is a holiday and ask to see a copy of the order that allows the garnishment and go from there. The information should be on the paper work

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank account garnished [ 1 Answers ]

I live in the state of Georgia and today iI found out my account was garnished resulting in a zero balance. Is this garnishment a one time thing or does the garnishment stand until the amount is satisfied?

Bank Account was garnished, now what.we are broke! [ 6 Answers ]

Today I received papers in the mail stating a company had filed a writ of garnishment against my husband for $3700, it was not for garnishment of his wages but to his bank account. I logged on and sure enough his bank account had been drained to zero. It says all deposits going in will be froze...

My bank account was garnished is there anything I can do? [ 2 Answers ]

What can I do if my bank account has been garnished.. Can the creditor that sent the levy release my account? Will they negotiate and release funds to me?:( please help

Garnished Bank Account [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so if you get your bank account garnished and pay the company the next day. Is there a limit to how long they have to put everything back in your account and unfreeze it?

Garnished Bank Account [ 1 Answers ]

Hello - My bank account was recently garnished as an attempt to collect on a Judgement against me. The amount of the Judgement is more than what the balance of my bank account was. The current balance of my bank account shows as negative in the amount of what is owed for the judgement. If I...

View more questions Search