Ask
    pinku13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2009, 03:20 AM
    Write protection
    How to remove write protection in my 2gb pen drive
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2009, 10:48 PM

Download one of the following registry tweaks to enable or disable writing to USB drives.

Enable USB Write
    http://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/...leUSBWrite.zip

Disable USB Write
    http://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/...leUSBWrite.zip

Once you use the registry hack, you will have to reboot for the changes to take effect. One should also note that if you are using this trick, you should make sure that the users are not administrators on the computer, because they could easily change this setting back.

This works on Windows Vista as well.
    spriscal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2009, 01:55 PM

How do I un writeprotect the USB Flash Drive so I can store information
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Feb 21, 2009, 03:22 PM

Use link above to disbale write protect
    jerryandchandan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2009, 11:24 AM

1)click on start button
    2)clik on run dialog box
    3)type regedit
    4) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\StorageDevicePolicies.
    The value 'WriteProtect' should be absent or set to '0' and when you try to format it you have to format it as FAT16
    jamesbraken Posts: 157, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2009, 11:58 PM
    You must have a CD software of pen drive which came along with your pen drive by using this CD you can remove your pen drive "write protection" or Some registry steps but wants to tell you that playing with the registry can be harmful for OS because it's always suggested that take a backup of your registry in case antithing goes wrong so, follow these steps Start>run type regedit then take a backup by selecting file option, click on the export after saving backup you can make changes, select the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\ here find the sub-key StorageDevicePolicies or crate by right clicking on the control then select the new option and go for key where you write sub-key "StorageDevicePolicies" after making this sub-key click on that and then again right click on the blank area, select new and click on the Dword value and new Dword value would be created and name the Dword value as a "Writeprotect" then edit the Writeprotect Dword value by putting 1 and close the registry editor and restart you PC.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Write protection MMC [ 1 Answers ]

How to remove write protection from MMC card.

Write protection [ 1 Answers ]

I am in the process of transferring software from one hard drive to another. Copying i.e. dragging the icon from one menue to anotheris no problem.Erasing the software from the copied-off hard drive becomes a problem. There are files that are file protected and don't want to be erased. A arning...

Write protection [ 3 Answers ]

What does write protection mean on a cd-rw? I'm trying to burn and it says it is write-protected.

View more questions Search