Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Staserbeam Posts: 33, Reputation: 7

Feb 13, 2009, 04:54 PM
    Tired, pale skin
    I am fairskinned with green eyes and red-red lips. The color of my lips makes my skin look washed out and more pale than it actually is.
    My skin is dull and tired looking, and I have thin skin under my eyes, so you can clearly see the purple there. I look tired and sick all of the time.
    I can't find any makeup that isn't incredibly heavy or that will last all day. (I work 12 hour shifts.)
    Is there anything I can do to help remedy this? I look tons better when Ive got a tan, but tanning is so bad for you, and I've already got little crow's feet at the corners of my eyes - so I want to do the least amount of damage possible.
    Help!
    What can I do to make my skin look brighter, more even, and less washed out?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 13, 2009, 05:24 PM

A lot of other things, and I guess you know, if you got more sleep and didn't work l2 hour shifts (why do you do that to yourself! ), you would look better. Somewhere to start, visit a cosmetic counter in a high end dept. store and have them show you (it is usually free) how to tone down your lips.

There are many ways you can get a tan without damage sun rays. It has never stopped me and I am 66 and good skin still. A good UV protection that filters out the bad of the sun, so you can get the good. The sun does so many things for us and one of them is letting us feel better.
    Staserbeam Posts: 33, Reputation: 7

Feb 13, 2009, 05:49 PM

Im sure lack of sleep (I have a 15 month old) and my work and just general stress have A lot to do with it.

Maybe a spray tan might help..
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Feb 15, 2009, 12:23 AM

I understand your dilemma. I worked two full time jobs for 10 months out of the last year, and got about 3-5 hours of sleep every other day. I have pale pale skin with blue eyes and dark brown hair. So I'm there with you. I've found that before applying foundation/powder you apply a yellow concealer on the under eyes, and then proceed with normal makeup application. Works like a dream!

Otherwise for that glow that you are looking for--look in the self tanner isle for a GRADUAL face self tanner. They are usually in smaller bottles. Make sure to get the one for fair skin, the others will turn you orange..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pale, Dull, and Dry Skin As a Result of Skin Lightening? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, My name is linksys2000. I am new to the "Ask Me Help Desk" forum, and site. Thanks for all of the information and perspectives. Somehow, this wealth of information leads to better decisions and ultimately thoughtful choices. So thanks to all of you for promoting this site and...

I have pale skin [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I'm an indian girl living in europe and my mom is really fair my my dad is quite dark. But I have pale yellow skin and I always look like I'm ill. Is there a solution for this? Thanks so much for your help.

Skin Lightening for Pale Skin [ 8 Answers ]

Hi there, I was wondering a few things. What would happen if someone that is extremely pale used skin lightner? Would it get rid of my redness? Scars? Freckles?

View more questions Search