Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jentau Posts: 57, Reputation: 8

Feb 13, 2009, 01:52 PM
    Where's my period? Just a bit worried
    My periods faithfully come every 28-32 days now I'm a week late. Day 39 lol. The only other time my periods didn't come on time is when I was pregnant.

I know alcohol can affect your periods. I'm not a raging alcoholic or anything but I have been having a few drinks with my husband after the kids are in bed for the night and he just turned 30 a few weeks ago so we had a party. I wonder if that's enough to jack stuff up? Because it's never happened before.

To make things even crazier.. my husband has had a vasectomy for 3 years now and everything is supposed to be working the way it's supposed to. I know it's still slightly possible to get pregnant after a vasectomy.

I took a home pregnancy test this morning and it came back negative. I just don't know what to think. If I was pregnant shouldn't it show up on a htp by now? So either my period is just late from me indulging in drinks or my husbands vasectomy isn't working correctly anymore. Anyone ever have this happen to them? :confused:
    GirlWSlingshot Posts: 224, Reputation: 21

Feb 13, 2009, 02:05 PM

With all that's going on, kids, hubby's bithday party, etc. you might just be stressed. (Doesn't automatically sound like pregnancy since your husband had a vasectomy.) Give it another week, if there's still no period, then take a test with first morning urine.

A week from now if you test and still get a negative, call your doctor and tell him your concerns. Might just be stress.

Feb 13, 2009, 03:53 PM

I don't think it would be stress, I deal with those things all year long and the party wasn't stressful at all, the complete opposite actually :)

So really the only thing I've done differently was drink a bit more than I usually do. I know I shouldn't be too worried about it because of the vasectomy but it's hard sometimes.

I'm really no good at waiting for things like this LOL it's like everything is put on pause until I find the answer. I'm hoping I just drank too much and that messed things up and I'll be back to normal soon with a good lesson learned.
    GirlWSlingshot Posts: 224, Reputation: 21

Feb 13, 2009, 03:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jentau View Post
    I don't think it would be stress, i deal with those things all year long and the party wasn't stressful at all, the complete opposite actually :)

So really the only thing i've done differently was drink a bit more than i usually do. I know i shouldn't be too worried about it because of the vasectomy but it's hard sometimes.

I'm really no good at waiting for things like this LOL it's like everything is put on pause until i find the answer. I'm hoping i just drank too much and that messed things up and i'll be back to normal soon with a good lesson learned.
    Well let us know how things go... good luck!

Feb 13, 2009, 06:13 PM

Thank you :) I will
    kpangor Posts: 357, Reputation: 2

Feb 13, 2009, 10:07 PM
    Good luck jentau and I hope that everything turns out the way u want... god bless

Feb 17, 2009, 06:42 AM

OK crisis over :) it finally came today. It came 43 days after my last period and that's just super crazy and late for me. I feel better now it's always good to know for sure :)
    Thanks everyone :)
    BLONDE_MAFIA Posts: 28, Reputation: 3

Feb 17, 2009, 06:43 PM

Hi. Well first of all no one party and alcohol can't stop your period. Your husbands vasectomy it is usually permanent but sometimes it can fail and women still get pregnant. I took a pregnancy test when I was a week late it was negative then another week later and it was positive, You need to take another test when your 2 weeks you hcg levels won't be high enough yet to detect anything.

Feb 18, 2009, 09:53 AM

I agree no one party can do that but like I said I was hitting the drink pretty good there for a good couple of weeks and when you drink like that it can mess you up. So lesson learned :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late period, negative HPT.very worried [ 3 Answers ]

HI, I was hoping I could get some advice on what I should do. I usually run a 30 day cycle. My LMP was August 7th. I have had unprotected sex with my partner often since then. I have been taking Cymbalta- anti-anxiety/depressant for over 6 months. On August 29th I flew to a different state until...

Worried about period [ 5 Answers ]

I have not had a period since March. I went to the doctor 2 weeks ago and he put me on a hormone to make me start my period in 10 days. So I finished the pills and it has been 13 days and I have yet to start. I am very worried because me and my husband want to have a baby we want to start trying in...

Worried about getting my period at school(not first period)! [ 15 Answers ]

I'm a 13 years,7 months old girl and have got my first period 2 months ago... first time was day 12 in month and lasted 9 days ,second time day 19 the month after (a week late) and lasted 4 days.then stopped a day then came and ended in 7 days ( with a about 3 days in mid no bleeding)... im...

Should I be worried about a missed period? [ 6 Answers ]

I am a 27 year old healthy woman. I've been on BC for at least 6 years. Last month I wasn't as meticulous as usual, I would go to take it and realize I had missed a day or two, so take them all at once. My period is now 9 days late. I'm always right on time. I've been hot/cold (temperature...

Worried? Period during sex? [ 9 Answers ]

I'm not only worried, but a bit embarressed as well... I had sex the other night and it was going fine, and immediately after I noticed blood on the sheets, and I had come on during sex. I was embarressed because I would never have sex during a period and now I feel dirty and I'm sure he was not...

View more questions Search