Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Awiebe182001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2009, 12:23 PM
    Vehicle problems
    My friend signed for me too get a vehicle because I didn't make enough and my credit wasn't high enough either. Now he's saying he wants my vehicle even though he's never had too make a payment or pay insurance. Can he do that or is there something I can do I don't think its fair I have too have the vehicle at least 2 years before I can even try too put it in my name but I've only had it 1 year.
    KingsX Posts: 231, Reputation: 10

Feb 13, 2009, 12:43 PM

Did your friend co-sign the loan agreement, or is the car ownership/registration in your friends name? If your friend only co-signed the loan, but you have ownership, your friend cannot take your car, provided you have been making your timely payments, and he hasn't had to for you. If ownership is in his name, this will be more difficult for you, because you only possess the car whereas he owns the car.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vehicle law [ 3 Answers ]

Our Quad was stolen 2 years ago. I found out where it is and sent the police there. Because the original police theft report did not have the VIN and we never registered it and cannot find the bill of sale, they will not give it back. The PD ran the vin and it came up with no owner. THe Quad was...

When asking about your vehicle [ 0 Answers ]

Help us help you. When you're asking about your vehicle, please include as much information as you can about your vehicle and it's options: Year, make, model, and engine are critical. Since some vehicles have more than one engine or transmission available, if you know, please let us know....

Tow vehicle [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 31' airstream trailer. GVW is 4600lbs. Will my 1999 jeep grand cherokee be able to adequately tow this trailer. The jeep has a V-8 engine which produces about 235 horsepower. Thanks for any input. Jim

Have to have a vehicle [ 1 Answers ]

Need to put truck in on bankruptcy owe too much / upside down can't afford ,but I need a truck can I buy anouther truck before I file and not have to put it on the bankruptcy list ?

Vehicle System Problems [ 2 Answers ]

Hello everybody I'm trying to hook up a system in my truck and I ran into a wall. Im getting power to my amp, but on my amp it has a green light for power and a red light for protected. And I can't get the light off protected so I can't get my sub working. So how can I get it to the green light and...

View more questions Search