Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nosher Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2009, 12:08 PM
    Force on an unequal see saw
    I would like to know how to work out the what the force would be on the longest end of an unequal see saw compared to the shorter sides force when one side of the see saw is 2 metres from the pivot point and the other side is 1 metre form the pivot point. There is a person on either end of the see saw weighting 50kg each
    rwinterton Posts: 289, Reputation: 15

Feb 14, 2009, 10:27 AM

Use Torque: Torque = force * length of lever arm.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confederate air force/ Commemorative air force [ 5 Answers ]

Are Lefty Gardner and Lloyd Nolan still alive? If so where can I find good information on the start of the Confederate Air force on line. There is a lot of info on the new Commemorative Air force, but very little on the old.

At what value of Force, can we feel the effect of gravitational force between objects [ 2 Answers ]

PLEASE READ THE WHOLE QUESTION AND THEN ANSWER At what value of Force, could we feel or see the effect of gravitational pull or force between two objects. E.g. 2 pencils kept at a very small distance (r) exert a force (F) on each other such that they are pulled by each other and stick to each...

Net Force [ 1 Answers ]

A 5 kg ball has been thrown vertically upward. If we ignore the air resistance, what are the direction and size of the net force acting on the ball while it is traveling upward?

Force law [ 1 Answers ]

3 children tuuging rubber tube ,one exert force of 40 N , another force of 30 N, and a third a force of 50 N. What is the net horizontal force on the tube?

Mixer tap and unequal pressure problem [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have removed a washbasin with separate hot and cold water taps from an ensuite bathroom in my mother-in-law's bungalow and fitted a new basin with a mixer tap. When I connected everything up and tried the tap I got hot water but no cold. However, the cold water supply pipe got warm...

View more questions Search