Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sajjw Posts: 117, Reputation: 9

Feb 13, 2009, 10:46 AM
    Do basins crack by themselves?
    When inspecting my upstairs which I rent out I noticed that the bathroom basin has been replaced with a completely different basin which doesn't match the suite. I e mailed the tenants to complain about them doing this without telling me and they are saying that they thought they were doing me a favour because the original basin (which was only four years old) had 'developed a crack'. This seems strange to me as I have never known a basin to do this before without being knocked or sat on or something.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 13, 2009, 11:53 AM

Unless there was some manufactors defect no they don't just crack. It would have had to be something done by someone
    Rivethead Posts: 88, Reputation: 7

Feb 14, 2009, 07:59 AM

I've seen formed basins crack at the drain from being over torqued when installed - also seen them surface bubble in that spot - usually caused by hair dye products or spilling nail polish remover.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Loss of water pressure suddenly in hair salon wash basins [ 1 Answers ]

I own a large hair and beauty salon and I have lost water pressure suddenly. I have water but it is weak mainly in the wash basins though where the water pressure loss is mostly noted on basement level (same level as water heater). With the upstairs wash basin no water can get through up to the...

How to crack a coconut [ 5 Answers ]

I know this may be a crazy question, but what is the best way to open a coconut to get the juice out without it spilling everywhere? Thanks

Catch basins [ 3 Answers ]

Greetings everyone! I need help with a catch basin question. I own a 1 1/2 story home built in the late '30's with a catch basin. My catch basin is in a crawl space under an addition built on my house before I bought it. How often should they be cleaned and is it a job that a do-it-yourselfer...

Help me before I crack [ 1 Answers ]

OK I know this is not a lot to work with but I heard this song on a classic rock station, you know 70's 80's and 90's anyway the song sort of sounds like a gangster movie its got gun shots, squealin tires, and police sirens but no real lyrics, I believe the dj said it was a song from the band...

View more questions Search