Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cajun bill Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2009, 10:21 AM
    Squatters rights in pa.
    I have 5 acres of uninproved land in Pa. can anyone claim this land for themselves? Under squatters rights?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 13, 2009, 11:58 AM

Is there people using it for a long period ? Do you know they are there, have you chased them off.

Please supply the details.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Feb 13, 2009, 12:44 PM
    There is no such thing anymore as squatters' rights. What you have to be concerned about is whether someone tries to take ownership of the land according to the law of adverse possession. In PA a person must use your land without your permission, preventing others from using it, for an uninterrupted period of 21 years before they can bring a lawsuit to declare them the owner.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Squatters Rights [ 9 Answers ]

I have recently won a judgement and eviction against a renter. This tenants actions - specifically overloading the apartment with undesireables and reeking havock with excessive noise and unsupervised children has my other tenants in an uproar. I have called the police several times to remove the...

Squatters rights [ 7 Answers ]

My Biological Father Had 40 Acres That I Moved On To In A Mobile Home. He Stated It Would Be Fine But If I Ever Wanted To Do Anything Else We Would Do Something Different. We Wanted To Start Building And He Stated That Would Be Fine And Now He Has Given The Land To His Other Daughter And Left...

Squatters rights [ 11 Answers ]

What is the law in Texas based on as for as squatters rights?

Squatters rights [ 6 Answers ]

What is the time limit on someone who fenced in an FPL easement of association's property? When does that property become the person's land (subject to FPL access)?

Squatters Rights [ 3 Answers ]

Do squatters have rights in Passaic, NJ? And if so what are they?

View more questions Search