Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kr1948 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2009, 09:41 AM
    Broadcom Gigabit Integrated Controller removed.
    The "Broadcom Gigabit Integrated Controller" on my laptop has been deleted by accident. I now have lost all contact with the internet on my laptop. How do I get this reinstalled? I have tried System Restore with no success. Now I am stumped and since I am relatively new to computers I don't know where to turn for help.
    rwinterton Posts: 289, Reputation: 15

Feb 17, 2009, 08:05 AM

Right-click on "My Computer" and click "Manage". A "Computer Management" window will pop up. Click on "Device Manager".

Look under "Network Adapters". If the controller is listed there, click on it and delete it (yes, delete it if it's there).

Under "Action" click "Scan for hardware changes". There is also an icon that will do this action.

The operating system should find the device and will prompt for the drivers to install the device. You should be able to click on "automatically ..". It should be able to automatically find the driver.

If this doesn't work, you'll have to go to the manufacturer's web site (or you may be able to find it somewhere else on the web), locate a driver for the device, and reinstall the device's driver using the new driver.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Earthnet Controller & Network Controller - missing drivers [ 1 Answers ]

I can't get on the internet because my network controller and my ethernet controller have no drivers, therefore, no connection is made. I cannot update the drivers because the software can't be found in my computer and I can't go onto the internet to retrieve it with my laptop. Whenever I...

Removed multimedia sound controller [ 2 Answers ]

Hi dude By mistake I had removed my smound max multimedia audio controller I have restored my system but still its not working There is no speaker icon in my system tray I have downloaded relatek audio driver, bt while I am trying to install its giving me "no driver found" How do I fix this...

Gigabit networking issue [ 3 Answers ]

OK, I'm in the process of upgrading my LAN backbone to Gigabit. For more of an over view have a look Here. So I'm running a 3 box stack of Netgear FS752 these connect to two 16 port Gig switches, Netgear GS516T. So the problem I'm having is this. My primary server, #1, has 2 onboard gig...

I removed my multimedia audio controller in error [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have removed my multimedia audio controller in error, I do not have the disc to re install it. So can you please advise as to how I can install it again? Thanks

View more questions Search