Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    donparrotcay Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2009, 10:19 PM
    Applying a tourist visa in the Bahamas
    Hi,

I am a filipino and I work in turks and Caicos, will it be easy for me to apply a tourist visa in the Bahamas? I have talked to some filipinos who went to Bahamas for a US Embassy interview and they were granted.

The fact is I have been denied last year in the Philippines.
    Should I try it there?

DOn
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Feb 13, 2009, 04:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by donparrotcay View Post
    Hi,

I am a filipino and I work in turks and Caicos, will it be easy for me to apply a tourist visa in the Bahamas? I have talked to some filipinos who went to Bahamas for a US Embassy interview and they were granted.

The fact is i have been denied last year in the Philippines.
    Should i try it there?

DOn
    It depends on your profile. If your visa in Turks and Caicos is valid less than 6 months, you can't apply for US visitor's visa there. You must submit the application in your home country.

To apply for a visa in third country does not guarantee you'll get a visa. If you have an intent not to return, you will never get one, no matter what country...
    donparrotcay Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2009, 11:34 PM

HI, thanks for your answer . But of course I don't intend to stay in the US. My office mate just returned from the Bahamas from an interview for tourist visa and she was granted. That's her second try, the first try was last year in her country INdia and she was refused then she tried in the Bahamas this month and was granted of 10 years multiple entry. DO you think they have all the records of the refusal in their system? And would it be a problem if you apply right after 10 months? I want to know because if this is different in my case then I won't waste my time and money applying again. Thank you
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Feb 16, 2009, 02:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by donparrotcay View Post
    HI, thanks for your answer . But of course i don't intend to stay in the US. My office mate just returned from the Bahamas from an interview for tourist visa and she was granted. That's her second try, the first try was last year in her country INdia and she was refused then she tried in the Bahamas this month and was granted of 10 years multiple entry. DO you think they have all the records of the refusal in their system? and would it be a problem if you apply right after 10 months? I wanna know coz if this is different in my case then i wont waste my time and money applying again. Thank you
    All US consulates share info on all records. If you're previously denied, do not lie in the application because if they find out later, which they will, you'll be barred from entering US for at least 10 years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tourist visa to student visa [ 4 Answers ]

I have sufficient funds to support my studies and my parents are willing sponsor me. Will it be difficult to change my B2 visa to F1 if in case I plan to study in US? Do I really need to declare my intention to study upon arrival at the port of entry?

Bahamas visa vist [ 1 Answers ]

HI . I'm a Haitian on a B2 visit visa in The us but I would like to visit the Bahamas, it's so hard cause I only have a sinlge entry. Can someone help buy or find a way of apply for visit visa to the Bahamas?

About tourist visa after j1 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am here with a j1 visa with two year rules apply so if I go back to india after a year and want to apply for a tourist visa so I can apply for that with in two years and I am allow to do work as a part time in other company like per week two days part time?

K1 fiancˇe visa or tourist visa [ 1 Answers ]

1) Which will be easier to get. 2) What will be the dollar amount. 3) How long will they take.

Tourist Visa [ 1 Answers ]

How does one obtain a temporary tourist visa for someone who wants to visit the united states coming from the philippines?

View more questions Search