Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gaararox1 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2009, 06:32 PM
    My sea monkeys keep dying
    I have to do a science project in school. For my project I need sea monkeys. I keep doing the steps right and they always live for a couple days then die. What do you think the problem is ?:confused:
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Feb 12, 2009, 06:47 PM

I think you've got them living longer than most people :-) Mine only lived for like half an hour before dropping dead.
    The website says they should live up to 2 years in ideal conditions, maybe it's the ph of the water or your brine shrimp supplier is sending you duds.
    Caring for your Artemias - Chose your language
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 12, 2009, 07:40 PM

They do go docile for a bit, my son has had his going about 5 months now.

You do have to add air to their tank, did you get the optional air pump to go with them.
    Motochick Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2011, 02:15 PM
    Did you wait 24 hours to put them in the water after adding water purifier?
    Did you feed them too much? If the water is cloudy, you have fed them too much. Wait a few days to feed them again.
    Is their water too cold or too warm? Room temperature is fine.
    Did you put them in a window? They need sunlight. It grows algae which is their food after the pack of food they give you.
    Did you add OXYGEN to the tank? This is a big one because they can't get it by themselves.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Battery keeps dying, any suggestions? [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: I have a sears riding mower. My battery keep dying. I bought a new battery and it worked for a few times then died again. I have to start it with the battery charger now. I remove the negative terminal after each use so it can't be a short draining the battery correct? Maybe its...

Capuchin monkeys [ 1 Answers ]

Would a capuchin make a good pet

Why! Are all the bees dying [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! Im Thomas ,Iam very concerned about the exstinktion of many species ,Are the paulanaiting bees next? How will we grow fruit maybe we can invent a spay paulin ,:confused:

Colony's of Bee's dying [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I heard on the news about bee's and I heard something that cell phone radiation does it? What do you think they will do about this? Cause there a big part in our life you know (emmm honey :P)

View more questions Search