Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    penneyn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2009, 06:30 PM
    Clickin in Ears
    I've read some of the other posts on this subject. And since most of the symptoms don't seem to be the same as mine, I chose to open a new thread.

I frequently hear clicking noses in both ears. If I am concentrating on something else, I will suddenly realize that one or the other ear is clicking, though it is primarily my right ear that I hear it in most. When I try to consciously listen to it, it stops. There is no pain or any other symptoms associate with it that I am conscious of.

I am diabetic (with neuropathy), which is controlled well by glipizide and glucophage, hypertensive, also controlled by medications. I have moderate to severe back pain for which I am currently taking 800 mg ibuprophen and I also have chronic asthmatic bronchitis for which I take medication as needed.

I'm not sure exactly how long I've had this condition, but since being diagnosed with diabetes, I have necessarily become more aware of the workings of my body. I can't say for certain that the clicking started before I was diagnosed, but I noticed it afterward.

Any idea of what might be causing it?

Thanks in advance for any theories put forth.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2009, 12:16 PM

Could possibly be the medications causing this. You might want to use the internet and put in each of your medicines and see if there are any adverse reactions to your ears or hearing. Quite common. If I take too much aspirin my ears ring. Also if I take some nasal antihistamines my ears ring also.
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Feb 15, 2009, 03:25 PM

It could be some kind of inflammation in the small bones in your ear, which just flairs up every now and again... I suffer from a similar thing.

You say you notice it more when you are concentrating, it maybe... the fact that your body is more tense due to concentration.. or perhaps without realising you grind your teeth together, when your concentrating.

I can see that you already take an anti-inflamatory drug... IBRUPROFEN... this would also help your ears clicking... if it is the small bones in the ear.

When you see your GP again,mention this condtion for an accurate diagnoses.
    paula2jim Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2009, 09:35 PM
    I have a clicking in my ears, especially the right ear. It is caused by an elevation of the blood pressure. On the ears, it acts the same as if you were going up in a plane with a change in elevation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ears [ 1 Answers ]

I have a boxer and lately all he dose is shake his head and itch his ears. I put drops in them But dose not help. They don't look red inside I don't know what to do. Help. Thanks

Man with no ears! [ 29 Answers ]

Sadly, Tony was born without ears, and though he proved to be Successful in business, his problem annoyed him greatly. One day he needed to hire a new manager for his company, so he set up Three interviews.

Ears, ears, ears. When will it end? [ 28 Answers ]

Okay so for those of you that don't remember... Callie started scratching her ears, A lot. She wimpered every time she would scratch them. I bought some ear solution and cleaned her ears and it did not help. I finally took her to the Vet and the Vet said he could not find any signs of earmites...

Cat ears [ 1 Answers ]

Why might my kitten has scabs all over her ears?:confused:

View more questions Search