Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gary Stephens Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2009, 08:50 AM
    Replacement Cost Policy Mobile Home Florida
    Is there a percentage of loss in relation to the stated replacement cost policy limit that triggers the insurer obligation to deem the mobile home a total loss.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2009, 03:42 PM

I am sure that there is some sort of formula that the insurance company uses. Not knowing what insurance company you are asking about, I couldn't even begin to answer this question.

What exactly does your policy state on the replacement cost. There should be some sort of money figure in the place where the replacement pay out would be stating replacement value of $____.

This will also hinge upon exactly what happened to the mobile home for it to be declared a total loss or not. Two of my neighbors had huge trees fall onto their homes during a horrible storm a year ago. Both homes were fixed by their insurance companies and now you can't tell where the one that had the entire back end smashed by a tree was damaged and the other home where the whole front part was damaged.

For it to be a total loss it is usually a flood or a fire that would qualify the home to be totalled.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 12, 2009, 04:28 PM

Normally if the repair cost is more than merely total it out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Florida Mobile Home Insurance [ 5 Answers ]

I live in Florida in a Double-wide Mobile Home. Where can I get home owners insurance that's not to costly? Also something that would cover the contents?

Florida sentencing policy [ 4 Answers ]

Can someone tell me what are the minimal amount of points you can have before going to prison in Florida?

Homeowner Replacement Policy [ 1 Answers ]

I recently filed a claim for damage to personal property from a lightning storm. I had damaged to several items one being an 60" TV. The repair estimate exceeds $1600.00 and the adjuster want to repair this item. I have talked with the repair company and Manufacture and they said while it can be...

Florida law regarding rent increases on mobile home lot [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a law that governs how much rent may be increased on a mobile home on a leased/rented lot in the state of Florida?

Replacement of electric unit with gas unit in mobile home [ 2 Answers ]

#1 Dec 27, 2006, 10:32 PM vcavina New Member Join Date: Dec 2006 Location: California Posts: 7 Electrical wall heater in single wide mobile home

View more questions Search