Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dear Friend Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2009, 03:31 AM
    Imaginary axis of complex number.
    What is the difference between real number and complex number? When complex numbers are plotted on graph why the Y axis is called imaginary part?
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2009, 04:03 AM

complex numbers have both a real and imaginary part, the imaginary part is a multiple of , more commonly represented by i.

Complex numbers can be represented on an Argand diagram in the way that you mention, with the x axis showing the magnitude of the real part, and the y axis showing the magnitude of the imaginary point.

For example, the complex number P = 2 + 3i would be shown on the Argand diagram as a point at (2,3).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Moon axis [ 2 Answers ]

Does the moon rotate on an axis like the earth?

Your imaginary animal [ 2 Answers ]

If u could create an animal then how would you want it to be... physical features, habitat etc...

Complex number equation [ 2 Answers ]

Determine a complex number z=x+iy that satisfies the equation 3z -iZ = 16 Where z = complex number and Z=its conjugate. Can't seem to crack the algebra in this one.. probably some obvious way to it that I missed no doubt..

Complex number [ 2 Answers ]

so I'm totally lost! The question is -6(u + 5)squared =120 so do I distribute or do I divide by six? if you can help please email or I'm me at [email protected]

View more questions Search