Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tops Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2006, 02:58 PM
    Dishwasher makes dishes smell bad
    I have a kenmore automatic dishwasher and lately, when I remove the dishes, there is a sour kind of smell on them and in the washer itself. Is there any way to clean this? I know in a coffee pot you run a cycle with vinegar and hot water but that won't work with a dishwasher.
    popatim Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2006, 04:52 PM
    The only tiime my dishwasher smells is on chili night...

All kidding aside, have you tried running a cup of bleach through it (empty of course) followed by a few empty rinse cycles? Also check the seals for mold & bacteria

vinegar should also work fine and I've heard some orange peel and coffee grounds also work, but neather my dishwasher <evil grin> nor I drink coffee... LOL

* the items go in the main wash compartment by the way, just like the soap.
    LUNAGODDESS Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Aug 17, 2006, 06:24 PM
    Funk smell in the dishwasher... you have hard water... vinegar is a good... take baking soda and pour the whole box in the dishwasher... clean your filter can help...
    Softland Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2007, 01:01 AM
    All the time my plates & cups smell bad. How much I wash them, I am not getting a good smell. I am not using a dish washer. Is there any particular cleaner where I can use?
    willhyme45 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2009, 08:10 AM

If you go here this will help you out a lot also make sure your sink drain pipe is clear also

Dishwasher MagicŪ

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whirlpool dishwasher smell [ 4 Answers ]

We have a whirlpool silent partner III dishwasher that is 2-1/2 years old. It has developed a very unpleasent odor (like a dead animal). We have tried several remedies... vinegar, bleach, baking soda, etc. The odor goes away for a couple of washes and then returns with a vengeance. We have even...

What makes a party good? [ 4 Answers ]

Quick question what makes a party good? For all the teens out there please help me! Lol well I need tips quick and remember this is my first time having one and the sad part is that I'm turning 18 and also I don't have that mauch frineds that know each other like I have many different cliques......

Marble Serving Trivets for Hot Dishes [ 1 Answers ]

This isn't about cooking per se, but I didn't know what other category to put it in. I am looking for nice trivets for serving hot dishes (casseroles, lasagna, etc.) on the table. I have seen some attractive marble ones in some cookware stores and catalogs, but I'm not sure if marble can...

View more questions Search