Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tadita83 Posts: 130, Reputation: 16

Feb 11, 2009, 08:41 PM
    Tanning Bed Catastrophe!
    Ok, I just started going to the tanning bed trying to get ready for a wedding I am in in May. Apparently I am the worlds WORST tanning lotion applier because even when I think I have it rubbed in all the way, I end up with an uneven tan and blotches. So now I have big blotchy spots on my legs that I want to even out. Fortunately right now its still cold and I'm wearing long pants or skirts, but I want it to even out before I have to show my legs in public. I think that I am getting better about slowing down and making sure the lotion is spread evenly, but is my tan going to continue to have blotchy spots from my initial screw up, or will it fix itself. Is there anything I can do to correct this?

Thanks in advance!!
    rmcopp Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2009, 12:46 AM
    I've tanned in tanning booths for years and never experienced this problem. Sometimes you will get red blotchy spots right after coming out of booth. It also depends on what kind of lotion you are using tingle lotion or a bronzer. You can try using the bronzer to even out and it is better to use a stand up booth. Another factor is the type of skin you have. If you don't tan well in actual sunlight you need to take your time tanning and not staying in for long periods until you have a base. Just a little advice I was a sun lover and loved the tanning booth all year round, now they have found skin cancer, mostly fom using tanning booths.
    tadita83 Posts: 130, Reputation: 16

Feb 12, 2009, 05:43 AM

Thanks. I use a lotion with a bronzer which is where the blotches are coming from. I actually tan very easily, but I'm thinking the issue is with my dry skin. The areas that seem to get the "bronzer blotches" are the excessively dry areas like my knees and ankles. I'm wondering if maybe I put on regular lotion early in the day then tan in the afternoon if this may help. My theory is that the dry areas are absorbing the tanning lotion more excessively because they are dry and hence making orange blotches. I don't know just a theory.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Feb 14, 2009, 12:52 PM

I would just use lotion that doesn't have bronzer in it...
    hellothere1 Posts: 85, Reputation: 4

Feb 16, 2009, 12:27 PM

Why don't you just not use the lotion? I never do in tanning beds you might as well use fake tan if your going to put it on in tanning beds. I suggest either going for sunbeds without the lotion (maybe a bit of suntan lotion spf 15 or something) or perhaps you could just get a spray tan a couple of days before the event? Hoppe this helped!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tanning: What do I do? [ 4 Answers ]

I just started tanning for prom. I think I have went four times so far and I have a few questions. 1. The place above my upper lip doesn't really look like its tanning will it eventually look like the rest of my face? 2. There is lotion in the tanning room should I put this on before or...

Sun Tanning [ 1 Answers ]

I'm going to Barbados in June. Any suggestions on what products to use to get a tan without burning. I am a black light-skinned Afro-American with fair skin.:)

Hair dye catastrophe, blonde to dark, not good. [ 3 Answers ]

I have naturally dark blonde/mousy hair and have been highlighting blonde bits in it for a couple of years now, but got sick of having mousy roots so I thought id go brunette... images of looking like angelina conjured into my mind! Oh how wrong it went. I used a non permanent (24weeks) clairol...

Tanning bed [ 12 Answers ]

Is it really bad? I have been getting tanned for years... I am worried now.

Weight catastrophe [ 5 Answers ]

I am Katharyn and I am 13 years old and I'm at 200 pounds and that's a VERY unhealthy weight for my age. In the mornings for school I have like NO time to pack a lunch so I eat what the school supplies for kids with no lunch. Those unfortunately are not too healthy and the closest thing healthy is...

View more questions Search