Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 06:40 PM
    Sex Drive!
    Hi Everyone,

Well over the last while, reading posts and thinking about past relationships I have come to the conclusion that sex (or the lack there of!) has a huge part to play in peoples' relationships.

So I was just wondering how do people feel about their own, or if applicable their partner, or past partners' sex drive.

Thought it might be interesting to hear what people thought. :D
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 07:01 PM

I think you should've post this in Adult Sexuality instead of here.

But anyway, I had dated this guy almost 7 years old ago and before I got involved with him I thought I knew all about sex but boy was I wrong. He taught me things I never knew, including positions, and introduce me to role playing. I can honesty say that if it wasn't for him I wouldn't have the sex life I have today. So cheers to him but he shall remain nameless.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 07:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28 View Post

But anyway, I had dated this guy almost 7 years old ago and befor I got involved with him I thought I knew all about sex but boy was I wrong. He taught me things I never knew, including positions, and introduce me to role playing. I can honesty say that if it wasn't for him I wouldn't have the sex life I have today. So cheers to him but he shall remain nameless.
    You dated a 7 year old Liz? LOL ;)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 11, 2009, 07:21 PM

I've had problems in the past where my sex drive is concerned. After the birth of my kids I went through a period of not wanting sex, and after dealing with some past issues I also went through a time where sex didn't feel right or good. Thank goodness I have a wonderful, understanding, caring husband.

Now I'm 38 years old and I can't get enough, thankfully hubby's on the same page so it's not a problem.

There are always going to be times in your life when you and your partner aren't at the same place sexually. Communicating, understanding and patience, well, it conquers most problems.

There are also physical reasons, mental reasons, many many different reasons sex isn't a priority in someone's life.

Right now I'm pretty darn happy with my sex life, my marital life, my life in general. I've got it pretty darn good. :)
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 07:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by friend4u178 View Post
    You dated a 7 year old Liz?? LOL ;)
    The errors I make while typing. I meant to write 7 years ago. Lol
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 08:08 PM
    The errors I make while typing. I meant to write 7 years ago. lol

Ha Ha... I thought he sounded very experienced for one so young ;)
    DSM521 Posts: 114, Reputation: 23

Feb 11, 2009, 08:20 PM
    I agree sex his a huge part of a relationship. Because in the end it is more than just sex. It is a connection with your partner. If that physical connection is not there for whatever reason it can bring many hardships to the relationship.

My wife lost her sex drive after our first daughter. That was 9 years ago. At first I thought she did not want me anymore, she was not attracted to me, I thought she just was in the marriage just for the kids. After time you start to become a very insecure person, and I started looking at things very different. Being a young couple it was hard to talk about at first. Once we talked it made it easier to cope with but still not easy.

At times I still feel like we are roommates and not her husband. I never knew a lack of sex in a marriage could cause so many other feelings to come up. Being a young guy I knew sex was more than just sex but had no clue how important it is.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 08:25 PM

Being 22... is tough.

Why? There are SO many virgins to deal with. (:d)

I've dated girls where their sex drive was so high that I had to have a talk with them so I wouldn't miss work/class anymore...

And I've also dated girls where sex was "ewww gross...you want to do WHAT?" (... and they were 20... 21... )

So yeah. Is it important to me that we have a good sex life? Yes, it is, but it isn't the most important thing to me. I dated one girl who had problems with intimacy, and we had a good 5 - 6 months without any sort of bedroom intimacy, but lots of hugging/kissing.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Feb 11, 2009, 11:29 PM

Not that there's anything wrong with being a virgin at 21 right Sneezy? ;)

I have to say that at a younger age I couldn't get enough sex, I think I might have been a teenage boy in a past life. Sex was a very big deal in any relationship I had back then.

No matter what ,sex is important, it's intamacy, it's a way to express your love for someone else (okay, that sounds so darn sappy I actually feel a bit sick) but really, it is!
    Chameleon24 Posts: 70, Reputation: 7

Feb 11, 2009, 11:58 PM
    I believe that it is an important part of a relationship. But it's not the ONLY part of a relationship.

I enjoy what I have going on now (lol). My boyfriend is adventerous and I've been trying new things with him and I have no problem with it. I really like it... learning new things. I find it interesting. And he makes me feel comfortable about it... he doesn't pressure me into anything. We take it slow and see what we like :)
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2009, 04:04 AM
    Well the question was more directed towards how sex affects relationships rather than wanting to know any details.. so I thought the relationship forum was more apt.
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2009, 04:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    I have to say that at a younger age I couldn't get enough sex, I think I might have been a teenage boy in a past life.

Lol! I've thought that myself in the past :)

I agree with your whole post though as important as the basic sexual urges are, it all becomes much more important when it's an act of love. (an act of love? I never thought I'd hear myself use that line? )
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2009, 04:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chameleon24 View Post
    I believe that it is an important part of a relationship. But it's not the ONLY part of a relationship.

I enjoy what I have going on now (lol). My bf is adventerous and I've been trying new things with him and I have no problem with it. I really like it....learning new things. I find it interesting. And he makes me feel comfortable about it...he doesn't pressure me into anything. We take it slow and see what we like :)
    No by no means is it all of a relationship but I find that there is this need to downplay it by a lot of people and as other posters have said, it is an integral part of a relationship.

Glad it's working out for you though ;)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 12, 2009, 04:16 AM
    Sometimes life gets in the way of sex, as with pregnancy, illness, or surgery, kids, work etc, so adjustments must be made, but even when the sex is good, the relationship can be down in the dumps, and vice versa. For sure you better be on the same page as resentments over enough sex, or too much, will cause some very deep rifts in a relationship.
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2009, 04:18 AM

Well Tal I couldn't agree more. The fact is though that when a relationship starts to lose the sex life it is normally an indication of a much bigger problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Win 2003: Permanent drive letter 4 removable drive [ 2 Answers ]

I have set up a backup system on Windows 2003 Server using 2 hot-swap removable drive drawers with hard drives in them. I have a pair of backup drives for each day of the week, with one drive imaging the OS partition and the other drive imaging the data partition. The system is working beautifully...

How to format a hard drive on a dell desktop with XP home edition and no floppy drive [ 18 Answers ]

How do I format a hard drive on a Dell Dimension 8110 with Windows XP home edition 2007 without a floppy drive? I tried to follow answers to some similar qustions posted previously on this site but when I do I get messages like "what's the disk volume label" from the command prompt window after...

Is this cd/dvd drive and hard drive compatible with this motherboard? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone I want to know if these parts are compatible... Newegg.com - ASUS Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 14X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe - CD / DVD Burners Newegg.com - Western Digital...

Drive not ready. Insert boot disk into drive A: [ 4 Answers ]

I am currently trying to upgrade from windows 98 to windows xp. I have upgraded the RAM to 256. When I reboot I get "Drive not ready.. Insert Boot Disk into Drive A:". I have gone into the BIOS and have changed the boot sequence to boot first from the hard drive then the cd rom. It still...

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

View more questions Search