Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    homer337 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2006, 10:41 AM
    Toilet problems
    My toilet when flushing fills almost to the top and slowly goes down not flushing properly. I have tried replacing the toilet and had a plumber in to snake the lines but nothing seems to work. Also when they washer on the opposite side of the wall is draining, the toilet bubbles. My home is 30 years old and this the second toilet in the house located in the basement. The toilet upstairs is fine with no problems. PLEASE HELP
    mgfarmer Posts: 37, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2006, 11:22 AM
    I am not a plumber but we have a similar problem at my house. We had a couple of plumbers come out and look at it and they both said that since the drain line for the toilet and washer are very close together that the toilet bubbles due to the amount of water volume put out by the washer. As far as why the toilet does not flush well, it could be a number of things. It may be a small clog that wasn't detected when snaking or a possible venting issue.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 14, 2006, 11:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by homer337
    My toilet when flushing fills almost to the top and slowly goes down not flushing properly. I have tried replacing the toilet and had a plumber in to snake the lines but nothing seems to work. also when they washer on the opposite side of the wall is draining, the toilet bubbles. my home is 30 years old and this the second toilet in the house located in the basement. the toilet upstairs is fine with no problems. PLEASE HELP

Has anyone checked the lavatory vent to see if it's clear? A bubble's caused by air backing up in the drain line and that's caused by the washer discharge hitting a clog and bouncing back sending a bubble ahead of it. I doubt the plumber got the drain line completely clear. Either that or the washer's discharging so much volume the drain can't handle it. Just a thought. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet flange problems [ 1 Answers ]

I am remodeling my bathroom and when I pulled the old tile up there was 3/4 inch plywood underneath. I didn't put the plywood back down and now the flange is about 1 inch above the tile. I have a slab floor and am unsure of why the flange was set high to start with. The area around the flange is...

Toilet Flush Problems [ 1 Answers ]

This just happened last night. Someone in my household used the upstairs toilet, and it clogged badly. When I got home last night I used the plunger for about an hour to try to clear the clog. I got it to the point where the water in the bowl drained, but very, very, slowly. This morning, the...

Toilet Problems, Please Help! [ 3 Answers ]

I just purchased a two year old home in October and twice now I have had problems with the toilets not flushing. This morning when it happened both showers in the house were in use, and I could hear the toilet in my room making noise (bubbling?). When I got out of the shower I went to the toilet...

Problems with toilet flange [ 15 Answers ]

The problem I'm having is I'm installing a new toilet. Im also raised the floor 1/4" and have new tile down. i installed the new toilet flange to the soil pipe and then the toilet. The problem is when you flush it leaks (i can see the leak from downstairs) from where the toilet flange goes over the...

Toilet, Vent and Drainage Problems [ 1 Answers ]

I have a problem with my toilet in my condo. Every day, sometimes several times a day, for the past 4 years, every since I got this place, the toilet will "gurgle" and all of the water gets sucked out of the bowl. Most times just flushing the toilet after this happens results in the bowl...

View more questions Search