Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jackson999 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2009, 02:10 PM
    Directly overhead rain shower pipe that's crooked.
    I had a contractor that installed an overhead rain shower that isn't straight. I can adjust the shower head itself so that the water comes down straight but the pipe coming out of the ceiling directly overhead is still crooked. Is there any way to correct? An offset pipe? It's probably 20 degrees off. The pipe itself is polished chrome and extends out of the ceiling probably 6-8 inches. IT'S A STRAIGHT PIPE.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Feb 11, 2009, 02:15 PM
    Can you access the pipes from above in the attic by chance? Otherwise only other options are to open the ceiling and fix the pipe, or...

You could buy a couple 1/2" chrome elbows and some close chrome nipples and you should be able to straighten the mess out within reason...

Let me know what you think...

MARK

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rain pipe leak [ 5 Answers ]

The rainwater drains from the roof of our house through the PVC pipe which is in the wall to the water tank below the house level and then we use that rainwater for our garden. That pipe is close to 40 years old and it seems like it has cracked or developed some other kind of leak because the wall...

Directly overhead shower installed on a slight angle [ 2 Answers ]

I had a contractor that installed an overhead rain shower that isn't straight. I can adjust the shower head itself so that the water comes down straight but the pipe coming out of the ceiling directly overhead is still crooked. Is there any way to correct? An offset pipe? It's probably 20 degrees...

Connect MIP CPVC directly to FIP shower inlet [ 1 Answers ]

Is it safe to connect MIP CPVC directly to the FIP shower inlet? The previous homeowner had done that when finishing the basement. I'm in the process of redoing some of it, but was a bit concerned after a trip to Lowe's. I saw that the MIP CPVC adapter said "cold water" where as the CPVC to...

Crooked cast iron drain pipe [ 1 Answers ]

I have a shower unit in the basement which began leaking when I started using it last year. I tried replacing the drain but that only stopped the leaking for a few weeks. It leaks steadily when in use, under the shower base, under the studs and into the laundry room. The entire shower unit was...

Setting a toilet on a crooked pipe [ 5 Answers ]

I am about to install a toilet in my basment. But the PVC waste pipe coming up through the concrete and subfloor is not perfectly level... it is cocked just a bit. Its not coming out at a 45-degree angle or anything... just slightly off perpendicular. I imagine (hope) that once I cement the...

View more questions Search