Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sk2233 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2003, 09:57 PM
    Image compression undo
    I have 80 jpg images from the 'old' country of our ancestors. These are sent to us on two diskette. Unknown to us, these images are compressed. Is there anyway I can un-compress them as they look real bad. If not, how I can enhance them to make them better. I have photoshop but not knowing how to use it. Thanks.
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Mar 5, 2003, 09:45 PM
    Bad news
    Unfortunately, the image quality has already been lost in order to compress the files. :( You can change the photos to an uncompressed format, but they will not look any better. Photoshop is a very powerful tool, but the results it can obtain are nowhere near what the original images looked like. You can try some of the filters to see if they do any good... :(

Your best hope is to try and get uncompressed images sent to you...

Hope this helps... (although I don't think it will)

~psi42

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

DVD Compression [ 5 Answers ]

Unsure if this is the correct place for this question, but better here than nowhere. I have a Panasonic NV-GS11EB Digital Video Camera. This used 1 hour (standard use) mini cassettes. I have one such cassette with around 45 minutes of film. When I download this it creates a file anywhere...

Compression Vs Sweating [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all! I need to replace a 1/2 dozen frozen valves in my basement that control water feeds up to 1st and 2nd floor bathrooms and kitchens. The current valves are sweat on. I am not that confident in sweating. Most of the lines are 1/2" one is 3/4". Can I remove these and replace with...

Compression vs. Threaded shutoffs [ 3 Answers ]

How good in the long term are compression fit shut-off valves (for toilets and bathroom sinks) vs. good old threaded fittings for leaking? I have always used threaded fittings on 1/2" copper and wrenched on threaded 1/4 turn valves but in my new install am considering 1/2" compression for the 2...

Compression test (Civic 91 DX) [ 2 Answers ]

What can cause a compression test to show low compression on any cylinder? About half a year ago I went to check the compression at a local Honda Dealer, and they said 3 cylinders were OK and one was very bad. They said they poured some oil inside each cylinder and I got results of about 11:1 on...

View more questions Search