Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vaanijk Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2006, 08:53 AM
    Pimples
    Tell me best way to get rid of pimples and acnes
    JuLee Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2006, 01:01 PM
    Try proactive the free trial? I hear it works... if you wear makeup, Beauti Control is light on the skin and works nice. They have facial wash for the skin too.
    cheechthecheechy Posts: 41, Reputation: -1

Aug 15, 2006, 02:11 AM
    Well, get some of those concentrated pimple clearing creams. Dab a bit (so that u can see the spot) on the pimple. It'll die down in 2 days max, trust me. ;)
    Color_Me_Pretty Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2006, 08:26 AM
    Well I use Proative and it works REALLY WELL!:D
    BIM Posts: 245, Reputation: 50

Aug 16, 2006, 09:04 AM
    So Proactive really works? I have a step son that has horrible acne and a son that is starting to get some. Question: Can a 9 year old start to get acne?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 16, 2006, 09:22 AM
    I am 42 and still have acne on my chin. If Proactive works, I will give it a try.

Hope PrettyLady answers this thread, she is really good with this.
    Color_Me_Pretty Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2006, 05:08 PM
    Proactive really does work, but your going to have to use it more than once... use it once a day and in a week or two (depends on the person) you'll be able to see and feel the results!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Aug 17, 2006, 08:05 PM
    Acne can affect people from ages 10 through 40 and up. Acne can show up as any of the following; congested pores, whiteheads, blackheads, pimples, pustules, or cysts (deep pimples). These blemishes occur wherever there are many oil (sebaceous) glands, mainly on the face, chest, and back.

Proactive Solution contains benzoyl peroxide and sulfur as the active ingredients to help heal your blackheads and other blemishes. There are over-the counter medications you can use. If you have oily skin all over your face, use a cleanser that contains benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid. You can also use topical treatments, such as benzoyl peroxide, resorcinol, salicylic acid, and sulfur to treat acne. However, some over-the counter acne treatments may cause dryness or irritation. If you don't think OTC products are for you, opt for an acne treatment system. Products like Proactive Solution and Mural Complex have been specially created by dermatologists to improve the appearance of acne prone skin. These acne treatment systems can be obtained without a prescription.

If you haven't been able to control your acne well enough, you may want to consult a dermatologist. A dermatologist can give you topical (externally applied) Antibiotics and Antibacterials, Retinoids, Oral antibiotics or Isotretinoin (Accutane) to clear up your skin problem.
    cheechthecheechy Posts: 41, Reputation: -1

Aug 17, 2006, 10:56 PM
    I use clearasil, pimple treatment cream.

Its vanishing so you don't have to worry about cream marks. Comes in those small 25ml tubes or w/e.

I use it every night that I remember, before I sleep.
    remedy07 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Feb 29, 2008, 07:24 PM
    Me and my boyfriend have acne... its not really bad.. but... I have the scars and all... and I been trying everything from hot water and acholol and that works for me.. most days... using proactive worked for about a month.. and I started to brake out even worst... im guessing I'm alergic to it... but the same thing happen to my boyfriend to... then I stopped using it cause it made my face even worse.. so I'm trying to see if the is new clearsil works...
    musicaddict Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2008, 07:39 PM
    To zap your zits fast you can use "sudocrem"... its a cream that you use for rashes and other things such as acne! Don't put it all over your face though or you will dry up. Also toothpaste works but not as fast. Other ways to get your skin looking healthy is to eat fish because the oils help your skin, and drinking water helps too! :)
    Lixue-Sebille 3 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 05:41 PM
    Sometimes you don't even have to use a cream. There are some simple techniques. I don't know if you've tried this before, but...

1) Wash your face in the morning with warm water. Use a special soap for your face, because some hand soaps actually clog pores.
    2) Always pat your face dry.
    3) Drink plenty of water.
    4) Wash your face at night with cold water. (I don't know if others have agreed, but it definetely worked for me).

I followed these steps and my skin is clean and clear. I've been suffering from acne for 3 years, but this worked for me.

And if by any chance, you have the urge to pop a pimple, cover it with a warm or hot towel to open up the pore, and after you pop it, put cold water on it to close the pore back u again and put a little dab of toothpaste afterwards to reduce inflammation or redness.
    DONOLENE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2009, 07:22 PM

After acne clears up, then here comes the black or red marks from the pimples. How can those marks be taken out without bleeching the entire face causing discoloration?
    martyna Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2009, 12:33 AM
    1. Nourish your skin by eating a healthy and balanced diet.
    2. Drink lots of water to maintain the skin's elasticity.
    3. Exercise regularly for good circulation.
    4. Cleanse your face—then tone, moisturize, and exfoliate.
    5. Protect your skin from the sun and harsh weather
    6. Get plenty of good-quality rest.

---------------------------------------------------

Acne Treatments- Acne Pills Skin Care Treatment
    lafytafy05 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Jun 16, 2009, 12:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Color_Me_Pretty View Post
    Proactive really does work, but your gonna have to use it more than once.....use it once a day and in a week or two (depends on the person) you'll be able to see and feel the results!

Not only you but all the people using proactive I'm sorry but if you ever noticed how it bleaches your towels IMAGINE what it does to your face...
    I don't like proactive and yes I have tried it. I have also tried acnefree or w.e that is.. that's another... I think there's too much peroxide in it.. just my opinion though.
    COURTfacebaby Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2009, 12:47 AM

Use a cleansing cream, it works really well.
    Clears up in 2 days max.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pimples on my penis? Please help [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, first of all, sorry for my English as I'm not an English native speaker, I hope you'll help me. I haven't found this problem on this forum. A few weeks ago after a masturbation I got the whole glands and the area under foreskin just beneath the glands full of little red pimples. I just...

Pimples [ 2 Answers ]

I just have a question about my face skin Because of my pimples I got lots of marks and I still have that pimples and it so hard to do shave. I tried ecerything to clear it but it didn't work I want to clear my skin means my pimples and that marks. How can I do it??

Pimples? [ 2 Answers ]

I have red bumps on my penis. I have had them for a couple of years now... even before my first sexual experience so I'm pretty sure its not an std. I think they are just pimples from the look of them. There's different sizes and pop just like zits do. I was just wondering if there is any way to...

View more questions Search