Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    proudpole48 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2009, 10:46 AM
    Girl talks to Ex-Constantly
    Ladies please help

My girl talks to her ex on an almost daily basis, she guards her cell phone with her life when I'm around and she's been sending him emails telling him she loves him and misses him-she sent an e-card through hallmark stating this and when I tried to send my friend a birthday card they came up so I read them and asked her

This guy is total bad news from her past-cheated on her, abused her, alcoholic to boot
    She tells me it's nothing and that she just wanted to mess with his head but I checked her phone and she called him again after she told me she wouldn't anymore
    Do I need to get out now, will she keep doing this forever?
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 11:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by proudpole48 View Post
    ladies please help

my girl talks to her ex on an almost daily basis, she guards her cell phone with her life when i'm around and she's been sending him emails telling him she loves him and misses him-she sent an e-card through hallmark stating this and when i tried to send my friend a birthday card they came up so i read them and asked her
    this guy is total bad news from her past-cheated on her, abused her, alcoholic to boot
    she tells me it's nothing and that she just wanted to mess with his head but i checked her phone and she called him again after she told me she wouldn't anymore
    do i need to get out now, will she keep doing this forever?
    Not a lady... but my question to you is... why are you still with her if this is true?
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 11:26 AM

I second kc's response...

UMMM RUN, let her have her ex.

Respect yourself, she isn't respecting you.
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 11:34 AM

I third what everyone else has said.

It's time to leave, she doesn't care about you.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 11:47 AM

RUN! Get out now, before our heart gets more attached
    Ber Rabbit Posts: 134, Reputation: 23

Feb 11, 2009, 11:48 AM

RUN, don't walk RUN away from this relationship. There are wonderful single women out there who will treat you right. Go find one, this chick deserves her ex.
    Ber
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 12:44 PM

Red Flag!! Huge one!! She still isn't over him and will probably run back to him soon.

GET OUT NOW!!!!!
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 12:57 PM

She may call herself your girlfriend but in reality she is emotionally still with the ex.You are just a pawn in her game,maybe there to make him jealous.You have heard everyone speak here,get out while you still have yourself respect.
    UnluckyDucky Posts: 210, Reputation: 110

Feb 11, 2009, 01:39 PM
    I've seen this ploy before, but only after I found out by finally putting two and two together. She didn't even tell me she was back in contact with her ex... but that's another story. Save yourself some time and energy and cut that cord ASAP.

Run to the hills, run for your life!
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 01:43 PM

It's a pretty bad move sneaking around and reading her emails and logging into some e-card account she has but it seems it helped you see the truth.

There is absolutely nothing you can do here, just leave her.
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 01:44 PM

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/marria...ie-316099.html

Ok, now I am confused. Is this your wife we are talking about, not your girl?

How do you make it four years and she is still hung up on an ex?

You need out of this relationship.

Feb 11, 2009, 01:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwantfair View Post
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/marria...ie-316099.html

Ok, now I am confused. Is this your wife we are talking about, not your girl?

How do you make it four years and she is still hung up on an ex?

You need out of this relationship.

It's the wife... I love her so much... don't want to leave her... I believe that it's nothing, it just hurts
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 01:55 PM

Good luck to you. I am shocked that you believe it is nothing, but I am sure this isn't the last time we will be talking about this problem.

Keep us updated. :)
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 01:55 PM

Wait a minute... your wife still tells her ex that she loves him, and still talks to him in that manner??

Am I the only one with bulging eyes right now?
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 01:56 PM

It's not nothing, you obviously think you will never be able to find another girl and are looking for someone to tell you not to worry about this.

Sounds like your just going to stay with her no matter what anyone says so I don't see a point to this post.

Feb 11, 2009, 02:07 PM

I am going to try and stay with her yeah
    And I realize that it is an extremely messed up situation but I love this woman and if I can I want to make this work, I'm not looking for people to tell me it's nothing if I wanted that I would go talk to our mutual friends

I married her beause I trust her... as dumb as that may sound right about now
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 02:09 PM

In the future, I would refer to her as your "wife" and not your "girl." The "girl" makes it sound as if you are in high school or something... just food for thought.
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2009, 02:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by proudpole48 View Post
    i am going to try and stay with her yeah
    and i realize that it is an extremely messed up situation but i love this woman and if i can i want to make this work, im not looking for people to tell me it's nothing if i wanted that i would go talk to our mutual friends

i married her beause i trust her... as dumb as that may sound right about now
    Good luck, it is clear that you want to make it work.

We just know from experience that there are HUGE RED FLAGS that will have you back here in a few months talking about how she left you for her ex. Maybe your situation will work out different.

Feb 11, 2009, 02:41 PM

I mean there is a lot more to the story then what I put on here, I guess what I am trying to figure out is if there is any advice on how to get through this is this going to be like this forever or am I eventually going to forget about it... I know I'm dumb but I do believe her when she says it's nothing
    SAB123 Posts: 685, Reputation: 94

Feb 11, 2009, 02:47 PM

I would let her go. Why would you want to be second best over this other guy. And I trusted my ex also and believed her also. Later I find out things and some of her lies. Please let her go or one day your going to regret it when she leaves you for him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

This guy talks about me! [ 7 Answers ]

OK its this guy I used to go out with... well I was tlking to my best friend and she said that this guy told her that this other guy said that when me and the guy went out I sat on his lap and always kissed him on the cheek... I NEVER would do that :mad: and if anything he would be the one to do...

My b/f talks about other girl being attractive and that bothers me. [ 10 Answers ]

My boyfriend sometimes talks about girls that he know and some that he dated. He talks about how they are pretty and attractive or sometimes about their body... it bothers me but when I say something to him he gets mad and says its no big thing. What should I do?

He never talks [ 18 Answers ]

Hi there, I have this guy friend, we have known each other about 3 years at college. He doesn't talk much, but he loves to do hw with me and have lunch with me. BUT he doesn't talk much to me, all he did was like ask me if I want to get to lucn together or dinner together, I said sure,...

My boyfriend still talks to a girl [ 6 Answers ]

My Boyfriend Still Talks To A Girl He Dated It Gets Me Mad/sad, Ive Asked Him Several Times To Stop He Says Ok But Still Talks To Her And I Find Out Behind His Back How Can I Get Him To Stop.

View more questions Search