Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tuki Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2009, 02:53 AM
    What to expect with end stage liver failure, time line?
    Hi,
    I am new to all this and read a bit of the forum and came across a thread by Jason re his dad who died from liver failure, cirhossis, wanted to ask a few questions to him or anyone else who went through or going through this.
    My dad is 62, in final stages of liver failure, just admitted him to hospice, its so hard... Can anyone help me with what to expect next? How long now?
    Angel_Wings Posts: 105, Reputation: 13

Feb 11, 2009, 07:27 AM

I don't know sweetie how long it will take.
    I hope you count each minute you have left with him as a blessing.
    Do not let your thought linger on his impending death, but on how much he loves you and you love him. The end will come for your Dad when it does, never mind how long it was for another. If you wish to prepare yourself, simply remember each day with him is a gift.
    Love to you and your Dad.
    Angel

Feb 12, 2009, 08:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel_Wings View Post
    I don't know sweetie how long it will take.
    I hope you count each minute you have left with him as a blessing.
    Do not let your thought linger on his impending death, but on how much he loves you and you love him. The end will come for your Dad when it does, never mind how long it was for another. If you wish to prepare yourself, simply remember each day with him is a gift.
    Love to you and your Dad.
    Angel
    Thanks
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 12, 2009, 10:05 AM

Hi, Tuki, I posted a reply at ll:30 yesterday. Did you not see it. Otherwise you have posted same question today.

Feb 13, 2009, 11:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Hi, Tuki, I posted a reply at ll:30 yesterday. Did you not see it. Otherwise you have posted same question today.
    Just seen it thank you :)
    Jane Smit Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Feb 17, 2009, 12:17 AM

Hi Sweetie:
    My son last year pulled the plug because of his fathers request. He was dying of cirhross's of the liver, and did not want to wait for a transplant. He was 63.
    Its very hard to loose your parents, I have lost all of mine and family. Know that he loves you, and like Angel said "show him every day that you love him and that will never change."
    I will pray for you and your family, and put you and your family on a pray chain at church if that's OK with you. God Bless
    linda palmer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2012, 11:50 PM
    I am now in end stage liver disease bcause of Hep C. I seem to have got it from a transfusion when I was in 8th grade.
    It is truly wearing me down and I have sympathy for those who have lost loved ones, I have empathy for those who did and are till suffering. There are not enough lines in this post to tell you how incredibly complicated, painful and the change in your quality of life.Those who have passed before us are no longer in pain. Those who continue to fight are strong and an inspiration. For the loved ones... just love them while they are alive, resspect the decisions they make.. For those who have passed, they are no longer in pain. Keep the faith and smile at every day you see the sun shine. I believe it is God's way of saying all is well.

Linda
    linda palmer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2012, 11:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by linda palmer View Post
    I am now in end stage liver disease bcause of Hep C. i seem to have got it from a transfusion when I was in 8th grade. I am 48 yeard old.
    It is truly wearing me down and I have sympathy for those who have lost loved ones, I have empathy for those who are still suffering. There are not enough lines in this post to tell you how incredibly complicated, painful and the change in your quality of life.Those who have passed before us are no longer in pain. Those who continue to fight are strong and an inspiration. For the loved ones....just love them while they are alive, respect the decisons they make.. For those who have passed, they are no longer in pain. Keep the faith and smile at every day you see the sun shine. I believe it is God's way of saying all is well.

Linda
    corrections lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

End stage renal failure [ 8 Answers ]

My mother has been sent home to die with end stage renal failure and cerebral atrophy. She has been on dialysis for 15 months and doctors tell us let her die in peace. I am having a hard time with this. Is there anything we can try before she leaves us. I can't face the alternative of her dying...

Mother with early stage kidney and heart failure [ 17 Answers ]

My mother is in the early stages of kidney and heart failure. My brother who is only 35 has kidney failure and has to have dialysis 4 times a week. My question is what herbs can my mother take to improve her health. She has a brain tumor as well and also suffers from high blood pressure. The...

Hvac1000: Or ing stage relays (multi-stage stats to single stage) [ 1 Answers ]

Would you agree that you can and should OR the outputs of say a 2 stage heating stat to make it a single stage? OR means connect the outputs together. Example: Connect W and W2 to create a single stage stat. I'm under the impression that either W1 or W2 is activated and not both and that this...

White rogers thermostat 2 stage heat 1 stage cool [ 1 Answers ]

What is the right wiring to hook the WHITE ROGERS 80 SERIES thermostat up ( 1F82-261)? I have a outdoor wood burner dlowing hear to a exchanger in the ducts , and I have propand gas as a back up sorce The furnace is a coleman evecon ( 94 model) with ac (up draft) I think I had the wiring...

View more questions Search