Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shank90 Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2009, 02:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    You will simply be a good listener - and don't have to carry the conversation. Say stuff like "Wow!" or "Cool!" or "Tell me more" or "You don't say....." and do good eye contact and look interested, even smile a little. Girls LOVE to talk so practice with one of them.

I want a report tomorrow evening. Before midnight. Don't forget.
    Hey, school went pretty well today I did talk to some people that I never talked and I think that I got noticed more by more people
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2009, 02:10 PM

Then, it looks like you're making some progress! Please keep up the good work! It just takes some effort and practice!

Feb 12, 2009, 02:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Then, it looks like you're making some progress! Please keep up the good work! It just takes some effort and practice!
    Yeah but its just so much easier just to be unknown and out the way that does make me feel pretty crappy though
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2009, 02:22 PM

Being involved with and having relationships with others takes effort and maintenance.

There's also going to be risks involved.

You're going to get hurt from time to time. That's just normal. The amount of benefits from being involved with others outweighs the risks and bad things that might occasionally happen.
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2009, 02:44 PM

How well do you play the piano, shank90?

Feb 12, 2009, 02:44 PM
    Being involved with and having relationships with others takes effort and maintenance.

There's also going to be risks involved.

You're going to get hurt from time to time. That's just normal. The amount of benefits from being involved with others outweighs the risks and bad things that might occasionally happen.
    Yeah buddy I hear that

Feb 12, 2009, 02:47 PM
    How well do you play the piano, shank90?
    Uh not very but give the sheet music and I can play it within 2 hrs
    I am pretty good at the trombone though that's what I learned in middle school
    And the guitar was going to just be a hobby but now I have 4 of them and try to play at least 2 times a day
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2009, 02:48 PM

I'm glad that you're trying more! :)
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 12, 2009, 02:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shank90 View Post
    yeah but its just so much easier just to be unknown and out the way that does make me feel pretty crappy though
    But isn't it much more fun and exciting to take a risk now and then like you did today?? Who wants boring and crappy?

(I'm so proud of you! I'm typing this at work -- had to check in to see if you're back from school yet. Thanks for not disappointing me! )
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2009, 02:56 PM

What are the hardest pieces that you've played on the piano, please?

Feb 12, 2009, 09:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    But isn't it much more fun and exciting to take a risk now and then like you did today???? Who wants boring and crappy?

(I'm so proud of you!! I'm typing this at work -- had to check in to see if you're back from school yet. Thanks for not disappointing me!!)
    Yea your probably right
    Aww your proud of me shouldn't you be working ;)
    I try to never disappoint anybody but no matter how hard I try I always to seem disappoint someone. But that's is were I get my motto : you can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time

Feb 12, 2009, 09:46 PM
    What are the hardest pieces that you've played on the piano, please?
    Well the hardest one I've played was that song in twilight called the river flows in you but I'm starting to get it
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2009, 09:50 PM
    Hi, shank90!

Have you played any classically styled piano music, like Beethoven, Brahms, Chopin, etc. If so, what were some of the pieces, please?

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2009, 10:19 PM
    I just listened to the piece that you mentioned, shank90.

YouTube - Edward and Bella - River flows in you (twilight)

It's absolutely beautiful! :) When you get that piece down, you should be able to turn-on and woo any woman with it! ;)

I was not aware of that piece or the film. Sadly, my keepers don't let me out much... and even then, only at night when most people aren't around! :(

You've just given me a new piece to add to my repertoire!

Now, I do have idea as to how hard of music it is that you can play on the piano.

Thanks!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 12, 2009, 10:27 PM

This is wonderful! It's the kind of music I listen to all weekend. Artists who play in this style are David Lanz and Jim Brickman.
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2009, 10:37 PM

I compose, play and improvise in that style also! There's also George Winston to add to the list of those who compose, play and especially him, improvise in that style.

Thanks!

Feb 12, 2009, 10:40 PM
    I just listened to the piece that you mentioned, shank90.

YouTube - Edward and Bella - River flows in you (twilight)

It's absolutely beautiful! :) When you get that piece down, you should be able to turn-on and woo any woman with it! ;)

I was not aware of that piece or the film. Sadly, my keepers don't let me out much... and even then, only at night when most people aren't around! :(

You've just given me a new piece to add to my repertoire!

Now, I do have idea as to how hard of music it is that you can play on the piano.

Thanks!
    " keepers"
    I'm glad you like that song it is a good one but kind of technical

Feb 12, 2009, 10:44 PM
    I compose, play and improvise in that style also! There's also George Winston to add to the list of those who compose, play and especially him, improvise in that style.

Thanks!
    Cool a composer that's awesome
    I have been trying this song for the guitar its kind of funny though I keep hearing this song right before I fall asleep but I can never remember it and I'm so in a daze that I can't get up and grab my guitar.
    klynngp Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2009, 10:49 PM
    Hey,
    You are 18 not 80 you have a whole life time to find a meaningful relationship. Learn to care about yourself the good about you. Knowone can make you happy and feel happy. Once you love yourself then you will attract others like a magnet. You sound like a very nice caring person, you have to beleave in yourself. If you are becoming depressed you may want to go to counseling, it helps!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 12, 2009, 11:01 PM
    I was going to mention him (my first experience with this type of music). I had called Carl Fischer, the big music store in the Chicago Loop, to ask if they had Winston's sheet music. They said if only they had a dollar for every time someone asked that question... and no, he does improv, and it's not written down. That was in the mid-80s so maybe there are fake books now??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I Feel Worthless [ 3 Answers ]

Please help me this is my last hope for someone to help me. Im 13 and well I'm having a few problems at the moment. I've had some school issues but its an illness why I can't go and now I'm being home-schooled. Since I've been having the problems my mom and everything else around me has been...

I feel worthless and unwanted [ 8 Answers ]

I am 33 years old a mother of 3 for the past year I have been going through a lot and I feel worthless and unwanted I have bad mood swings all my bones in my body ache all the time I have lost all my sexual desires. My life I feel is over I make everyday miserable for everyone in it I don't mean to...

Am I really worthless and selfish? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm a 17 year old girl and I could really use some help... I do not know what to do anymore. I'm always getting yelled at by both of my parents for being "worthless" and "selfish". This is constantly... like every day. For example, my mom went out of town last week to visit her parents. It...

Am I Worthless? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I don't know how to start this at all... I'm a 16 year old girl who is a semi perfectionist. I get high marks ranging around high 80's to middle 90's. I am also a great pianist (at least that's what my teacher says). People tell me that I'm smart and that I am nice... but... I look in the...

Feeling worthless [ 7 Answers ]

I lived with a woman for 3 years, had a son with her. Now I live by myself after having a family for 3 years. I felt as if she mentally abused me with her insults, which are making me feel worthless. I have 2 conflicting dilemmas here. 1. I want to go back with her since I still love her....

View more questions Search