Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    casablanca Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2009, 08:00 PM
    How to connect my laptop as monitor for my PC?
    I have a PC without monitor.Can I connect my laptop as a monitor for my PC?

Regards,
    robertva Posts: 249, Reputation: 30

Feb 10, 2009, 08:39 PM

Why?

The laptop screen already has a PC connected to it (the computer part of the laptop).

If it's the bigger keyboard you're after, many laptops have ports where you can connect a full size USB or PS2 keyboard.

There are also external hard drives, floppy drives and CD or DVD readers and writers that are compatible with laptops.

Unless it's over a decade old, the laptop probably has wired Ethernet port and/or wireless capabilities that allows the transfer of files to or from another Windows computer.

The displays of laptops are usually limited to use by the laptop CPU itself. If there's data or files you need from the desktop/tower computer you will need a display (CRT or LCD) designed for that purpose. If low cost is a consideration check pawn shops or other second hand stores.
    casablanca Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2009, 10:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by robertva View Post
    Why?

The laptop screen already has a PC connected to it (the computer part of the laptop).

If it's the bigger keyboard you're after, many laptops have ports where you can connect a full size USB or PS2 keyboard.

There are also external hard drives, floppy drives and CD or DVD readers and writers that are compatible with laptops.

Unless it's over a decade old, the laptop probably has wired Ethernet port and/or wireless capabilities that allows the transfer of files to or from another Windows computer.

The displays of laptops are usually limited to use by the laptop CPU itself. If there's data or files you need from the desktop/tower computer you will need a display (CRT or LCD) designed for that purpose. If low cost is a consideration check pawn shops or other second hand stores.
    :)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 11, 2009, 11:02 AM

No, Laptops do not have VGA inputs to attach an external source.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connect laptop with XP to laptop with Vista [ 1 Answers ]

Easiest way to connect laptop with XP to laptop with Vista

I don't want a dual monitor, but I don't want to use my laptop monitor. [ 1 Answers ]

How do I connect my desktop computer monitor onto my desktop replacement laptop and have it be the default monitor? I am currently using these two as a dual monitor, and have no use for the laptop screen. I want to just close it up, leave it on the side, and pretend I'm just using a desktop...

Laptop monitor [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Dell Latitud laptop model C800, I did reinstall Windows 98 SE everything is running OK, but the monitor image is too small, in other words the screen does not cover all the surface like when was new. Can somebody help. Thank you

Many monitor &printer connect to a computer [ 1 Answers ]

How can connect many printer(up to 20) to one computer? How can connect many manitor(up to 20)io one computer and send independent data to each of them?

View more questions Search