Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2009, 06:25 PM
    Wet spot in wall
    I have a wet spot in the middle of an interior wall. The area backs up to a bathroom and has a vent pipe in the cavity. The vent runs up to the attic then crosses the flooor for about 20 feet before venting outside.The pitch is away from the area getting damp.Any ideas?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 10, 2009, 06:29 PM

Try wrapping the vent stack with several layers of toilet paper up in there attic but close to the floor. If you are getting any rain running past the boot the toilet paper will tell you. It's a start.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I've got a yellow spot like a normal acne spot on my penis. [ 21 Answers ]

I've got like a 1/2cm spot with a yellow/white head on it on my penis about halfway up. Its like a normal acne spot on a face but I have no idea what it is?. I've squeezed it, thinking it was a normal spot and whitish pus has come out (exactly like a normal spot on your face when you squeeze it)......

Fordyce's spot (White Spot on penis) [ 15 Answers ]

I have quite a lot of small white lumps on my penis and scrotum, after doing research and looking at pictures I think these might be Fordyce's spots, but I have found one spot which looks similar to the rest but maybe the littlest bit bigger and has a yellowish head, is it possible for the penis to...

Running in wall Coaxial Cable from Existing wall [ 7 Answers ]

Hi there, Is there someone here who is expert on electrical? I need help on running coaxial cable to my existing walls. I have a 1st floor where I have access to drilling holes into the second floor. I am willing to cut open holes for installing the single gang boxes. Now, here are my...

How to support a load bearing wall, need engineer, cement wall [ 3 Answers ]

I want to remove about 6 feet from an interior wall. The rafters run parallel with the wall but the reason I think it's load-bearing is because one of the trusses rests on the middle of the wall with a lateral x across it. I have existing pictures and a drawing of "the existing" and what is...

Pouring a concrete wall in front of a damaged cinder block wall [ 1 Answers ]

I need to repair a well house that has buckling cinder block walls. The well is below ground with a shed above it. The room is approximately 9' x 8' and 8' tall with cinder block walls and a concrete floor. The block did not have concrete poured in it when it was built, the blocks are beginning...

View more questions Search