Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chameleon24 Posts: 70, Reputation: 7

Feb 10, 2009, 06:19 PM
    Scared to tell him I love him?
    I've been seeing a guy for a few months now. I really like him, he makes me happy. A few weeks ago I started thinking I might be in love with him. I get these little 'sparks' sometimes... I don't even know how to explain it. Sometimes I get them when I'm with him and sometimes when I'm away and just thinking about him. They're just these little feelings of extreme happiness. At first I wasn't thinking too much about it, I figured it wasn't important. Since I wasn't 100% sure, I thought maybe I wasn't in love with him. Maybe my feelings are just getting stronger... it seems like if I was actually in love with him then I would 'know' I was and wouldn't be questioning it.

I feel I should let him know this... whether it's love or stronger feelings or whatever. But I'm too scared to do this. I think it's because I'm afraid of what his reaction would be. I don't really think he feels the same way back. I know he really cares about me, but I'm not really sure where he stands on other things. And I'm also scared he might freak if I tell him.

I've just been feeling so overwelmed with a lot of stuff in my life now. I've been doing so much thinking... stuff concerning school, my career outlook, finances, getting a new place and social life situations. This with my boyfriend is just added to the mix and I'm not sure if I'm just overthinking things or what. Why would I be afraid to let him know this?
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

Feb 10, 2009, 09:01 PM

I don't think you're really in love with him, in my opinion, you are probably infatuated with him, that can cause extreme emotions and can be very exciting.

If you guys have been dating for just a couple months I think you should just relax and let things go naturally.. don't push the matter with him too early.. just continue getting to know each other.. and just keep focusing on your life and goals

A boyfriend isn't supposed to BE your life, he's soposed to be a nice addition, remember that

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I can't tell him I love him. I am too scared what do I do? [ 15 Answers ]

OK, I am 13 and I have been good friends with this guy in my class for 3 years.We were really good friends then this year I have been feeling really difrent around him. I thought this was probably is just hormones or summin'. But then I seem to be having these weird feelings we now go out with him...

I'm scared but yet I love her. [ 11 Answers ]

What do I do? I finally got together with my best friend after trying to get her for a long time and now that I have her I don't know what to do? I guess I am scared of getting my heart broken again because I am still messed up after me ex ended it with me. I love her and she's everything I ever...

Love, understanding love, types of love [ 12 Answers ]

I thought this would be interesting to discuss. We all use love so much, we could say we love someone, then the next moment, we say we love our car, or wed love a big mac. I was watching this interesting video, in which this guy explained that the hebrews had 3 words for love. Raya- friendship...

I'm in love and I'm scared [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, I've known my currect boyfriend since I was 14 and the first time I saw him I fell head over heels. I prayed for so long and I thought that it would never happen until almost 4 months ago when we started dating. I've always known that I love him but it never really hit until lately. I mean.. I...

I'm in love and scared. [ 5 Answers ]

I'm a 50 yr old married man, who just rediscovered my high school girlfriend. It has been 32 years since I've seen her. We have been emailing and talking on the phone for about a month now. I am not just "re-feeling" the way I felt for her, it is like a love I have never felt for anybody. We share...

View more questions Search