Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vanitha_s Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 15, 2003, 10:21 PM
    Problem in home computing
    Hi,
    I've got a laptop with domain setting to be used at office. But when I go back home I wants to connect to my another desktop using workgroup 'Home' by using cross over cable. But it seems I can't get to see each other on the workgroup! I'm using Windows XP Professional on both the machine. Please help.
    Thanks in advance.
    arcanehacker Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2003, 12:22 AM
    Problem in home computing
    Check to see if there is Netbeui protocol installed. Cross cable network can't work on other protocols.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computing [ 1 Answers ]

(1) A rectangular block of wood is measured to have the dimensions 11.2 cm x 3.4 cm x 4.10 cm. Compute the volume of the block, showing explicitly (by underlining) how doubtful figures are carried through the calculation, and report the final answer with the correct number of significant figures....

Home Page Problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I can`t change my home page in internet options, where it says " you can change which page to use for your homepage" the links are grey and not clickable? Any advice anybody, thanks Mike.

Problem in home computing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've got a laptop with domain setting to be used at office. But when I go back home I wants to connect to my another desktop using workgroup 'Home' by using cross over cable. But it seems I can't get to see each other on the workgroup! I'm using Windows XP Professional on both the machine....

Home computing. Please Help.. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I've got a laptop with domain setting to be used at office. But when I go back home I wants to connect to my another desktop using workgroup 'Home' by using cross over cable. But it seems I can't get to see each other on the workgroup! I'm using Windows XP Professional on both the machine....

View more questions Search