Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeepgrl015 Posts: 46, Reputation: 2

Feb 10, 2009, 12:27 PM
    ACAI craze
    I am trying to currently lose weight. My father and grandfather passed in July and since then I have lost 40lbs but now it's that loose skin. It's that stuff that can only be repaired by surgery. I started looking into a healthy weight loss regimen and noticed this "ACAI" berry craze all over the net.

Has anyone been on this long enough to see results? If so, how many pounds have you lost and how many pounds were you previously? What are some of the steps for this supplement?
    Eileen G Posts: 1,571, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2009, 04:19 PM

It's a fruit juice. Yes, I'm sure it has lots of anti-oxidants, but so has lots of other juices, and even better, try some fresh fruit. Broccoli has more anti-oxidants than blueberries.

The fact that it's being hawked on the Net rather than being prescribed by doctors should tell you everything.

What age are you? Loose skin takes longer to tighten up than it takes to lose weight, but it does tighten, particularly if you make a point of getting lots of essential fatty acid, fish oil is great for this. The younger you are, the quicker your skin will tighten.
    Cedric J Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2009, 01:10 PM

When you want to get maximum benefits from a weight loss supplement like acai berry, you have to do two things.

One is improving your diet. Eat healthy foods only, cut out the processed foods, and try to eat 6 smaller meals a day. Then combine that with exercise (about 30 minutes a day should do)

This way you start losing weight naturally and then use an acai berry product to "boost" your weight loss results. They provide increased energy and suppress appetite so you don't eat as much.

Check this out if you want more information on an acai berry diet

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can acai and hoodia be consumed together? [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I lost weight in an effort to get into my wedding dress a little better:). I started taking Hoodia as I was told it was a fat burner. Coupled with my diet and a little treadmill action, to my delight, the hoodia worked! After seeing how fabulous I looked in my wedding pictures and now in...

Does anyone know if Acai Burn works? [ 4 Answers ]

Weight lose Does anyone know if Acai Burn works?

Tulips, Great Depression, and the word "craze" [ 4 Answers ]

What is the link between tulips, the Great Depression, and the word "craze"?

The Cougar Craze [ 5 Answers ]

I just recently got out of a relationship, I have been talking to a younger man quite a bit via over the phone. We have not gone out on a date. We work together, he is my subordinate. This is my dilemma: #1 - I think he is too young #2- I do not date people I work with #3 - I have children ,...

View more questions Search