Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    friendlybaba Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2006, 04:38 PM
    Please Help Us To Get Marry!
    Hi,
    I met a girl on Yahoo chat. Now she's my girlfriend.
    We're chating since long & we are honest to each other. We finally decided to marry. The problem is that she lives in USA I'm In Pakistan. She wants me to come to USA. Can you help by telling steps what is the procedure of marrying US National girl & how can I apply for US Visa? What Reason?

Q.2
    Please also tell me is there any procedure that we marry on phone or something online & then I claim I'm going to USA to my wife?

Hope You'll Help Us
    Thank You
    Iffy Khan
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 13, 2006, 04:41 PM
    Okay, you really want to marry someone who you have met online? Someone who you have never spent any personal time with.

How long have you known her? What are your ages? Is she telling the truth?

I am sorry for so many questions, but marrying someone you met online who lives in a different country than you is SUCH a gamble. You really do not know what you are getting.

I have a family member who met someone online, they "dated" for over a year. When he went to visit her, her husband walked in. So, do you really truly know this person?

Have you met her parents? What do her parents think about this? Your parents?

A lot to take into consideration.
    Here_To_Help- Jon Posts: 97, Reputation: 26

Aug 13, 2006, 09:40 PM
    Before you decide to marry... suggest agreeing to meet in person first. Online relationships are always perfect - because the person you are "in love with online" is not "that" person but the person YOU have formed in your mind.

You have many things to consider before marriage. Your situation... different countries etc only adds to the challenge. I'd think about these things long and hard before moving forward with this.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2006, 09:52 PM
    I agree with the others.

Slowwwwwwwww down.

Meet her FIRST. Have her take a trip to Pakistan or another country, or you visit her in the USA. Meet her first before considering marriage.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 14, 2006, 06:05 AM
    Another thing to remember is culture and religion. Will you both be tolerant to each other's culture and religion?

I agree with CF and Jon. Slow way down and meet in person. If you cannot arrange that, then how will you arrange a marriage?

Remember just meeting once will not show you who the "real" person is. You have to meet a number of times.
    friendlybaba Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2006, 01:44 PM
    You People Really Talked True!
    I Had Never Think Of These Points Before.
    I Realized I'm Doing Too Much Hurry.
    I'll Ask Her To Come Or I'll Try To Go There & Try To Consider My Further Relation In Light Of Your Advices.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 15, 2006, 04:49 AM
    You want to marry someone you don't know or have ever seen? Your kidding right?
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2006, 07:42 AM
    Come on man, he want to come to America. Let's face it, she must not be much to agree to marry someone from the internet! That is just a little too loose for me!
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2006, 12:55 AM
    WOW...
    I agree with all the answers given...

Take it slow, what is the rush?!
    hussain123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Aug 16, 2006, 01:23 PM
    Your jumping in to something that has detrimental consequences you walk before you run.remember thAt.
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Sep 6, 2006, 11:33 AM
    If you want to come to the US as the spouse of a US national, you have to apply fro a fiancés visa from the mAmerican Embassy in Pakistan. Theywill send you a packet of forms. Your resolve to mkarry at all will be severely tested by these forms and their requirements, but if you are persiostent you can do what is necessary. Marry on the telephone? No way! Go the right way about it or don't bother. If you really love her, have her come to pakistan to marry you, and then you can apply for a spouses visa. However, the US Government is not a sucker and you will have to prove the genuine nature of your love match before they will let you shake your pins on US soil.

M:)RGANITE

Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    You want to marry someone you don't know or have ever seen? Your kidding right?
    Blind persons often marry people they have not seen.

M:)

Quote Originally Posted by magprob
    Come on man, he want to come to America. Let's face it, she must not be much to agree to marry someone from the internet! That is just a little too loose for me!
    I married someone from the internet eight years ago. It was a match made in heaven. Neither of us fits your "Must not be much" slur.

The internet is a tool that is used to effect introductions. After that, people grow to know each other and then make their choices.

M:)
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Nov 20, 2006, 10:17 AM
    No. No. NO!

I said it. I think you are more in love with the idea of marrying her, than her, period. Take a trip here and see what life for her is like, other than assuming what it is from your side of the keyboard, then have her do the same. I've been where you are, met the guy, situation blew up in HIS face, when he found out that this woman right here never gets spoken to like a mistreated animal.

Moral of the story? You cannot completely know someone until you meet them, until you and her spend real time together everything from this point until then is assumption. Look before you leap.
    summerflower Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2010, 05:26 PM
    I have same problem . I think you should try to come to usa .:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Will he marry [ 26 Answers ]

He said "I want to spend the rest of my life with you and give you all the things you deserve.". Refers to you sometimes as his wife and himself sometimes as your husband. When not at work the time is spent together. Live together,spend time with both families and acts as if married. Closed about...

Maybe Marry After 22 Years Of Being Apart! [ 6 Answers ]

It had been 22 years ago that my long lost fiance' Ken went he's way and I went mine. He told me 2 call him 1 Friday night and I did, but his mom answered and said he was on a date, and I told her just 2 tell him 2 have a good life and I never heard from him again until I married my 1st husband. I...

Breaking up with the woman I want to marry... [ 9 Answers ]

We broke up a few weeks ago and I haven't felt worse. She immediately started seeing one of her friends from elementary school who she hasn’t seen really since then. This was within 24 hours! They are dating now and she really likes this guy. He seems like a good guy from what our mutual...

View more questions Search