Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jesterdg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2009, 11:24 AM
    How to replace a fridge/freezer door seal?
    I have a Fridgedaire Gallery model FRTI24TGCW4. The top side freezer seal doesn't seem to "suck down" when closed anymore. How do I relace this seal?

Thanks!!
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 10, 2009, 09:36 PM
    Get the seal/gasket and take the door apart and replace. That is the usual way of doing it.
    jesterdg Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2009, 10:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac1000 View Post
    Get the seal/gasket and take the door apart and replace. That is the usual way of doing it.

I guess that was my question. How do I take the door apart? I don't want to break something taking it apart the wrong way.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 11, 2009, 11:37 AM
    It all depends upon the type of construction and attachment. If it is attached by removeable hinge the you detach the hinge top and lift to release.

Here is a listing for your basic unit BUT there is no drawings listed on the right side it says no available so I cannot tell you exactly how to remove it without seeing it. Sorry

Part Advantage :: Category Search

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freezer door pops open slightly when refrigerator door is closed. [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Amana bottom freezer refrigerator and when I close the refrigerator door the freezer door opens ever so slightly, so one is not aware it is open. Also, when you gently close the feezer door it stops short of forming a seal and you need to push it to get it to close.

Repair loose upright freezer seal [ 1 Answers ]

About 18 in. of the freezer seal has come loose. How do I repair it

Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator: fridge not cold, freezer is frosty! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I have a slightly over a year old Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator (model #: ABR1922FES). Yesterday, I noticed that the fridge wasn't as cold as it should be, so I turned the temp control cooler, and then, as per the owner's manual, waited 24 hours for it to kick in. It didn't....

Fridge Magnetic Seal [ 4 Answers ]

I have replaced the magnetic seal on my very old Montgomery Ward fridge and I'm having problems getting the door to close. When the top of the door is making contact with the fridge, I have about a 1" gap at the bottom. The door will close with some help, but won't stay closed as the strip...

MayTag freezer door opens when refrigerator door is closed [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new here. I have a 9 year old Maytag refrigerator with a freezer on top. Recently whenever I close the refrigerator I notice that the freezer door pops open. I looked at the seals around it but can't see anything wrong. I did notice that I can simply tap on the door and it will...

View more questions Search