Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hedieh Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2006, 11:17 AM
    Birth control pills
    I was using birth control pills(CONTRACEPTIVE LD, Ethinyl Estradiol 0.03 Levonorgestrel 0.15 ) for 8months,on 8th months time I start had brown discharge,I went to doctor,doctor said maybe is infection OR pills is not good for you anymore so doctor gave me cream for infection & new birth control pills (Microgynon30 Ethinyl Estradiol 30 micrograms Levonorgestrel 150 micrograms ) so I used cream & start pills as doctor said after finish old pills I start new pills without any gap.so I miss period but I keep had discharge & blood spot,so after new pills finish I start old tablet again without any gap so I missed 2 periods but I had blood spot that I had to used pads,so I stop eating old pills after eaten 10 of them so I not continue it until end & now I'm period,I just afraid what happen to me that I eaten pills but had blood discharge abit like period.thx a lot
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 13, 2006, 02:02 PM
    I understand why you went from old pills to new pills. But I do not understand why you went from new pills back to old pills. That does not make sense. You should stay on new pills.

The bloody discharge was your period. It just acted differently because of the way you changed your pills.

Please do not ever stop pills after only 10. You need to take the whole month every month.

If you cannot keep up with the pills I think it may be time to change your method of birth control.

Aug 13, 2006, 04:10 PM
    Thanks for answered me,you I know I shouldn't stop pills after 10days:o but I want to stop eating pills forever because some side effects that had it for me,thanks so much for helping me,I just worry & think maybe these discharge keep continuing even after I stop pills,now you help me & I calm down,thanks so much
    Expert

Aug 13, 2006, 04:36 PM
    If you stop and start the pills you will have many problems with your period.

I am not sure your age, but from all of your posts so far it sounds as if you should choose a different kind of birth control. Or, just stop having sex altogether. You need to be sure if you are ready to have a child or not.

If you are not, I recommend you abstain from sex.

You cannot stop and start birth control pills on your own. You could be doing damage to your hormones by taking them only when you think you need to. Besides, you are now no longer protected against pregnancy.

Aug 14, 2006, 03:22 AM
    I'm 26 & using birth control pills for 9months,but in these months I feel more nervouse I mean get angry so quick:mad: then I got lots of blood vein in my legs & swollen on my foot too,so when I was in my holiday,I went to doctor & they said pills not good for me anymore,as I get blood vein in my legs appears it can appears in my hearts too & ill get heart problem,so I decide when I back from holiday I stop pills & for protection starts condom,so I don't want to eat pills anymore & start others way of protection.
    Expert

Aug 14, 2006, 05:30 AM
    I think that is a wise decision.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I messed up my birth control [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there. I am a new member and I am only 19 years old. I am a little worried because I messed up taking my birth control. Instead of forgetting the "active" pills, I took too many. I forgot to start taking the "inactive" pills which was when I would have had my period and I started taking...

Birth Control: [ 61 Answers ]

What is God's will regarding the use of birth control? HANK :)

Birth Control [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if you have been taking birth control for a really long time and you think you might be pregnant. Could the birth control screw up the results?

Emergency Birth Control Pills in Canada [ 7 Answers ]

Okay, I'm hoping someone can help me please! =) I'm in desperate need, okay, so me and my boyfriend decided to... well.. have... sex. And well at the end we were having worries, and we checked the condom and notices a hole the size or a pinky tip, getting more and more worried we were talking to my...

View more questions Search